DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2024 Wrestling Talk

15 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Gorilla Monsoon almost commentated the entire Vince Russo WWF era

So Tazz had a tattoo artist who became graphic designer for the WWE, he was on Brian Solomon’s podcast and he mentioned how Taz as a commentator paterns himself after Gorilla Monsoon 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

So Tazz had a tattoo artist who became graphic designer for the WWE, he was on Brian Solomon’s podcast and he mentioned how Taz as a commentator paterns himself after Gorilla Monsoon 

Longing for the day when I hear Taz refer to Don Callis as a “fountain of misinformation.”

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

VHS tapes were just on my local news! They (the news not the tapes) basically talked about what we talked about and interviewed a collector and went over some things. They added that some mint condition VHS tapes go for 5 or 6 figures. They also said that the VHS comeback hasn’t even peaked, and that they hope they’ll make a comeback the size of the vinyl comeback. 

• Thanks 1

Looking around and Kruk’s also a big Rhea Ripley guy

so the concept of Kruk being really into various women wrestlers made me realize that Kruk and Mick Foley would probably enjoy each others company.

Kruk was out of Philly before ECW really hit but I don’t know if I can imagine him getting into that, aside from my confidence that John Kruk would probably enjoy the Sandman

• Like 2

I think I joked about that on here a month or two ago

Jason Kelce running out in a Mummers outfit would be an exquisite in-joke that you wouldn't get unless you're from Philly or you know about Super Bowl parades

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Y’all just made me realize there is a high likelihood that Jason Kelce shows up at Wrestlemania.

So long as he spears Pat McAfee in half, I'm okay with that. 

• Like 2

Since McAfee was a punter, he should fall and flail all dramatically any time anyone even grazes him. He could claim anyone touching him was roughing and therefore illegal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What is the bloodiest match to have taken place in the Tokyo Dome?

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

It's Sasaki/Nagata from 2004 and everything after that is fighting for #2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

from that weird, good Bridge of Dreams card

Barbed Wire Board & Barbed Wire Baseball Bat Bunkhouse Death Match
Leatherface, Shoji Nakamaki & Terry Funk vs. The Headhunters (Headhunter A & Headhunter B) & Cactus Jack

https://archive.org/details/bridge-of-dreams-dome-spring-full-bloom/1995.04.02g-IWAJ-Barbed+Wire+Board+Super+Scramble+Bunkhouse+6-Man+Tag+Death+Match-Funk%2C+Leatherface%2C+Nakamaki+VS+Cactus%2C+Headhunters.mp4

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ON UUDD tonight, they are now playing AI Jim Ross “singing” WWE themes. They seem to think they’re a lot more amusing than I do,  JT they’re out there if you want to judge for yourselves.

As bloody as the IWA Japan match is (and man between all those guys that is a fuckload of blood) I think Sasaki/Nagata is on like an Eddie/JBL level of blood loss, rather than bloodletting. Does that make sense? 

Also, if you aren't familiar, the IWA Japan match is the one Foley writes about in his book where they would have shut down the Tokyo Dome if they set the board on fire and the owner was yelling "YOU RUIN ME!" and paintbrushed the poor referee in the back over it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

As bloody as the IWA Japan match is (and man between all those guys that is a fuckload of blood) I think Sasaki/Nagata is on like an Eddie/JBL level of blood loss, rather than bloodletting. Does that make sense? 

Also, if you aren't familiar, the IWA Japan match is the one Foley writes about in his book where they would have shut down the Tokyo Dome if they set the board on fire and the owner was yelling "YOU RUIN ME!" and paintbrushed the poor referee in the back over it. 

Oh yeah, nah, it's a battle for second. Nagata vs. Sasaki is gross.

• Like 1