DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 2/7 - 2/13/2024 - First Come, First Swerved

Things I Remember From This Week's Edition of AEW Dynamite:

Cool to show both Swerve/Page walking towards the curtains. Yeah one probably had to figure that Swerve/Page was gonna lead to a three way match. The time limit draw a surprise but probably the least screwy way to end it. Page is also a heel now. Swerve did the Buckshot better than Page. The defective tables were the difference between a win and a draw, clearly. Anyways, three way match at the PPV as we figured weeks ago.

I really don't remember much from this week's Toni Storm segment.

The CMLL vs BCC trios match was fun. The ballshot remains undefeated in Lucha. Mistico and friends were dressed like they were looking to buy a house just before going to the show.

The Big Announcement is Big Business. It'll be a historic night that we will talk ourselves into believing will involve more than Mercedes Mone and if it doesn't some of us will be disappointed.

Jericho vs Takeshita probably went too long but after doing an arm drop for a Boston Crab (what), Jericho taps to his own hold.

The main event was lots of chaos and ultimately Sting/Darby are the Tag Champs.

We got some actual crowd heat after a main event. Blood on white suits. Sting's large adult sons eat shit in a beatdown. Aw yes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

So we know Sasha will be in Boston, but will two money-themed wrestlers make their debut?

Probably not good PR to bring in the DiBiases right now.

• Haha 4

That might have been the best Dynamite I've ever seen. Even with Jericho vs Takeshita besides the finish. I'm so glad AEW exists for shows like this. They have their issues but when they kill it, they KILL it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Great show, but one kvetch: why exactly did they put Swerve at #1 in the rankings last week and Hangman at #2? If it had been the other way around, Hangman saying that Swerve had to beat him to become #1 contender would make some sense. Instead it was completely out of left field.

• Thanks 2

Really great episode. The crowd totally wants to get behind Swerve but are we forgetting he cheated in the first match and broke into Hanger's home to threaten his family? 3 way should be lit though.

Totally missed it until I saw the screenshot but the graphic for Big Business read "Bo$$ton." When AEW launched my wish list for talent to be there was Claudio, FTR, and her.... can't believe I actually got all of them.

BCC vs. CMLL guys was loads of fun. Claudio vs. smaller flippy dudes is one of the best versions of Claudio.

If the Bucks don't end the Revolution match with "I'm sorry, I love you," what are we even doing? Also, I popped for it being the EVP trigger now.

• Like 4

This was a fantastic show.   Swerve vs. Hangman tore the house down again.  Glad they protected Swerve. Looks like we had a double turn there too?  

Blackpool Combat Club vs. CMLL All-Stars was great stuff.  

Deonna and Toni Storm's staredown was awesome. 

Sting and Darby winning the titles in a crazy match and then the Young Bucks busting them and Sting's sons open during the celebration!  Best thing the Bucks have done in a very long time... Money angle.  

• Like 1

Oh man, that was a great night of wrestling. I wasn’t able to watch the BCC match yet, either.

That opening match was a damn near perfect match. Hangman was so good being a great subtle heel and growing more and more heelish throughout. The one knock I had is that they could have done a “five minutes remaining” announcer spot because the time limit draw felt a little out of nowhere. But that is just the slightest of nitpicks. This and Swerve In Their Glory vs The Acclaimed are two of the best matches in AEW history. What a fucking wild match. Joe’s promo after was also fun.

Takeshita vs. Jericho was damn good. I can’t believe they didn’t stop the match when Jericho’s head bounced off the mat at the end. Great heel chickanery leading to Jericho tapping out to his own move — perfect heeling and credit to Jericho for doing that.

That main event was special. So much good ECW brawling, with Sting’s insane dive. Big Bill catching Darby off the rope was truly a Holy Shit chant. I was not expecting Sting and Darby to get the win — thought the Bucks were going to cost them the belts — but it was such a great moment. I thought they were going to end with the celebration with Sting’s kids. But Matthew and Nicholas laying them all out was fantastic, easily the most I have enjoyed The Bucks. The EVP Trigger is such a great name. The white suits to make the blood pop is a chef’s kiss to one really awesome night of rasslin’.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Well he did say he wanted 2024 to be like 2021.   Didn't Bryan and Cole debut on the same night? 

Yes. AEW All Out 2021. I turned the air blue when Adam Cole came out but then Bryan Danielson debuted a few minutes after and all was right in the world.

• Like 1

so how long until you do a Bucks vignette where they're trying to get blood out of a suit and threatening to issue fines to pay for their suit cleaning bills

also, was fun to see Volador Jr get to be Ricky Morton and make a hot-ish tag in a trios match.. hopefully Daniel Bryan gets that Arena Mexico match out of all this

• Like 1

also loved the back to back sequences of Volador/Moxley doing dives leading directly into 3 on 1 attacks, only way that could have been more Lucha is if they actually ran 2 out of 3 falls

who would be the captain for a BCC trios team, Bryan? or would they pick Claudio because he's the largest member?

Takeshita vs Jericho was nowhere what it should've been. Jericho should absolutely NOT kick out of top rope powerbombs. He should've put Takeshita over clean as a sheet like Takeshita did, taken time off and come back when I'm not afraid he'll break his neck every match.

I only caught a couple minutes of Jericho-Takeshita and laughed really hard when Jericho got dropped on the top rope, layed there with his head down, practically dead, then reached down and pulled up his pants.

• Like 1