DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/5 - 2/11/2024 - Hey Hey, My My, Rocky Pushed Cody Aside

11 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

then losing in his first defense to Gunther

I think Gunther's time in the "can't leave the USA" penalty box is ending before May, when you consider it's a 6 month period and was reported last November. I'd think the end of that would be very helpful for them.

I don't know if i've typed this here, but the whole sequence of getting the IC title off of Gunther is sorta interesting too. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of him just vacating the title. I think you can use a IC title loss to create a rematch down the road instead of a scenario where that isn't a possibility.

Some scenario like.. Gunther losing the title, making a hard pivot into a short-term bridge feud with someone else to explain why he wouldn't just go after the guy who beat him, then he beats Cody like Vader/Sting in 1992, then you can have Gunther beat the guy who beat him for the IC title in a World Title match

Really wrestling matches have two modes, a mode where you create the need for more matches, and a mode where you wrap something up to move on to other matches.

• Like 2

Certainly didn't come away feeling like Roman vs Rock was on the cards, they were on the same side. The thing is, with Wrestlemania being a 2 Night event, they could have easily had their cake and eaten it too by having Roman vs Rock and vs Cody on different nights. Sure, some other may get bumped down the card for 2 Roman main events, but thats probably worth the sacrifice if its gives you both those matches.

Interesting to see where they go. Perhaps the traditional 3 way is happening after all.

1 hour ago, Steventon said:

Certainly didn't come away feeling like Roman vs Rock was on the cards, they were on the same side. The thing is, with Wrestlemania being a 2 Night event, they could have easily had their cake and eaten it too by having Roman vs Rock and vs Cody on different nights. Sure, some other may get bumped down the card for 2 Roman main events, but thats probably worth the sacrifice if its gives you both those matches.

Roman/Rock is way past the point where its worth pursuing. The Rock is in no shape for that type of match. Roman also doesn't need two main events. No reason someone else can't have the other night like originally planned.

54 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Roman/Rock is way past the point where its worth pursuing. The Rock is in no shape for that type of match. Roman also doesn't need two main events. No reason someone else can't have the other night like originally planned.

Sure, fully agree, just saying they could have made it work if they really wanted it, which is what we all thought like 48 hours ago. Hopefully the change of direction is for the better but who the hell knows with this company, it’s a lot of flip flopping in the space of a week or so

Rock getting what-ed pretty much cemented what the crowd is going to think of him. I wonder if they do Seth/Cody vs Roman/Rock on night one with some kind of stipulation, like if The Bloodline wins then Cody never gets another shot as long as Roman has the belt, but if they lose then Roman's entourage is banned from ringside? Cody gets the deck stacked against him even more and who knows, maybe they even try and turn Roman face when Rock's interference backfires?

I'm assuming Seth is facing the winner of the EC which Drew looks to be the front runner.

As far as Walter goes, you can have him drop the title to a debuting Bron Breaker or Ilya. Sami is another possibility after his recent hype video, and he'd be great working from underneath Walter.

12 hours ago, RonL21 said:

Picture of the Bloodline family tree. Did they miss anyone? I was looking for Haku, since the Snukas are on there

GF20iZebgAALQft?format=jpg&name=large

samoajoe1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

Oh also, I think I’ve been the low man on Punk on here for 20 years, but color commentator Punk RULES.

Best use of him. He’s got some Ventura in him in the role.

Honestly, his time as a wrestler should be over. Something like a battle royal, where people aren't known for getting injured there, should have been the clue to that.

Have him go to NXT to work as a trainer/booker, join Smackdown as a color commentator, keep him on the pre-shows, anything but wrestle.

He's just going to get hurt again (Seth Rollins brought this up in an interview clip on YT).

AJ Styles separated his shoulder in the Rumble four years ago but I’m sure you won’t be saying he should’ve hung it up. Shawn Michaels broke his nose. Cena tore his MCL.

Shit happens.

That shit was awesome.

They said, "Just because you're on the board, doesn't mean you can just do whatever you want."

Rock said, "That's exactly what it means."

So that is probably how we clarify Cody bringing the Rock out on Friday night. Board Member Rock had a convo with Cody the Company Man, and said this is what was best for business. Cody stepped aside, and then the fans made him realize, as he put it, "This is bullshit."

And I'm glad. Similar to how people responded to Becky Lynch finally standing up for herself when she became The Man, Cody is at his best when he's fighting back.

I think reactions will be mixed all the way through Wrestlemania. Rocky Sucks in one town, Cody Sucks in another. And I don't think it's going to matter. Based on the Rock slipping on the heel shoes last night, it could be an incredible ride.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

That shit was awesome.

They said, "Just because you're on the board, doesn't mean you can just do whatever you want."

So that is probably how we clarify Cody bringing the Rock out on Friday night. Board Member Rock had a convo with Cody the Company Man, and said this is what was best for business. Cody stepped aside, and then the fans made him realize, as he put it, "This is bullshit."

And I'm glad. Similar to how people responded to Becky Lynch finally standing up for herself when she became The Man, Cody is at his best when he's fighting back.

I think reactions will be mixed all the way through Wrestlemania. Rocky Sucks in one town, Cody Sucks in another. And I don't think it's going to matter. Based on the Rock slipping on the heel shoes last night, it could be an incredible ride.

We need a redux of the "from undesirable to un-goddamn-deniable" promo

• Like 2

If Cody wins at WM, there’s only one other thing missing to bring this story to a close. Cody is going to need help to overcome the odds and a Rock intent on keeping Roman as champ. So when all the chips are down, when the Bloodline have taken out everyone else to keep cheating for Roman, there’s only one guy left to take out the Rock and keep the match fair and let Cody win clean. This is WWE’s “portals” moment…

Or in other words, just break some motherfucking glass. One more time where the Rock’s eyes bug out at Stone Cold, one last time Stone Cold can take out the Rock, and one last time where Stone Cold can take out a power hungry authority figure.

• Like 9

Anything to cleanse the memory that Austin's last-delivered stunners were to Theory, Vince and McAfee.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

That shit was awesome.

See this story makes sense, it's just a pity that we the fans are filling in the blanks for them. Still though, even with shoddy storytelling I'm actually very excited in something in WWE for the first time in many years.

Did feel sorry for Rollins though. At the end, he was going off on Rock. It was probably more just to keep himself relevant in that moment, but is there any chance those two face off at WM?

7 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Anything to cleanse the memory that Austin's last-delivered stunners were to Theory, Vince and McAfee.

It wasn't KO?

This is how I'd book it: Night One: Cody/??? (Seth?) vs Roman/Rock.

If Cody's team win, the main event on Night two is Cody/Roman. If Roman/Rock win, then the Night two main event is Roman vs Rock.

Kinda like the Daniel Bryan vs HHH with the winner getting put in the title match at the end of the night.

Rock can be a tweener saying to Roman "Family Business first, then we decide who's the head of the family". Then, after Roman screws up somehow, and Rock eats the pin, the next night the Rock prevents the rest of the Bloodline from interfering.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Going back to GUNTHER for a second, who said he couldn't hold both the IC and World belt? 🤔

uwtt.jpg

• Haha 1