DVDVR Message Board

2024 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

On 3/21/2024 at 12:11 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I'm cool with it. I mean I've seen all of them except 3 in the theater, might as well go to this one. As long as it doesn't have 1. Xenomorphs swimming or 2. Xenomorphs in broad daylight then I'll probably be able to enjoy it. (Note: I saw AVP 2 or whatever it was called in the theater but I was drunk and we smoked pot in the car before going in. All I remember is it was shot really dark, there was an alien hiding in the ceiling corner of a room at one point, and I laughed A LOT.)

My only impression of AVP: Requiem is that it was really mean spirited. I loved it when I saw it in theaters but haven't watched it since. 

Funny enough Resurrection was on today (and apparently 3 a little later on). I watched a bit of it. Clearly done by the French dude from Delicatessen and City of Lost Children in the visuals, hilarious to see that not only Winona Ryder and Ron Perlman and Brad Dourif but freakin' DAN HEDAYA were camping it up there. I didn't catch the swimming CGI Xenos scene but pretty much got the gist. 

13 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't know what the fuck this is but it looks awesome.

Of course you don't - no one does

It is a Yorgos movie after all

• Haha 1

Unfrosted

Directed by Jerry Seinfeld

Starring Jerry Seinfeld, Melissa McCarthy and about a billion people Seinfeld called in favors on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Unfrosted

Directed by Jerry Seinfeld

Starring Jerry Seinfeld, Melissa McCarthy and about a billion people Seinfeld called in favors on

This looks like the type of ridiculous I love!

20 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

KINDS OF KINDNESS (dir. Yorgos Lanthimos)

I don't know what the fuck this is but it looks awesome.

Three cast members of Poor Things too, did they film it back to back or something? 😅

The relentless shit-smearing of Amy Winehouse continues in death. No better example than the awful documentary 'Amy'. God forbid any legacy media piece or project actually celebrate her undeniable talents.

A Fifth Matrix movie is in development. Drew Goddard (The Martian) will be writing/ directing, with Lana Wachowski as an Executive Producer.

On 3/22/2024 at 9:51 PM, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Mark Kermode used to preface close to a decade of reviews with variations "he was in Punch-Drunk Love so he can't be that bad", so this isn't even the first time he's done this.

What I find fascinating about Punch Drunk Love is that it doesn't ask Sandler to be much different than normal. A bit more subdued, but he's still playing the same basic character as in most of his so-called comedies. It's just the context around him is so different that it pushes everything into a different register and results in a really special movie.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

A Fifth Matrix movie is in development. Drew Goddard (The Martian) will be writing/ directing, with Lana Wachowski as an Executive Producer.

FUUUUUUCK

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

17 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

What I find fascinating about Punch Drunk Love is that it doesn't ask Sandler to be much different than normal. A bit more subdued, but he's still playing the same basic character as in most of his so-called comedies. It's just the context around him is so different that it pushes everything into a different register and results in a really special movie.

Sandler was legitimately good in Rein Over Me. He's got the skill in there somewhere, he just rarely uses it. 

On 4/3/2024 at 3:25 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I would honestly say the same about his role in Uncut Gems as well. Adam Sandler as a gambling-obsessed New York City jewelry-store owner that has NBA players as clientele, there really isn't THAT much of a twist needed to turn that into a comedic romp instead of one of the most horrifyingly true depictions of gambling addiction ever committed to film to the point where it was as much of a horror movie as it was a drama.

• Like 1

Was it just me or is there zero info about a physical media release for The Unbreakable Bunch?

IMDB says it was released in October of last year.

No information about a streamer, either.

I'm a sucker for that stuff, so I hope I can remember it's somewhere in limbo.