DVDVR Message Board

2024 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I watched the first two episodes of Masters of the Air, they really should have cast someone else in the lead role, can't really tell if Austin Butler is trying to do an accent or he's sticking with the Elvis voice, also you couldn't have hair like his in the Army during WW2!

I did a very silly thing.  I decided to watch Dexter: New Blood.  Granted, if Julia Jones is in it, I will watch it just to ogle her.  I had even forgotten she was in any of the Twilight movies so, *sigh* that might be a reason to rewatch them and see if they're as stupid as I remember.

But, my real burning question about this limited series is, how the Hell did Brock Purdy find time in between football seasons to portray Dexter's kid?

Luckily, True Detective has 3 more episodes and is getting goodweird just in time.

• Like 1

Remember that game you played for a few weeks during lockdown and then sometime the year after looked  at your phone and said... "huh, what's this doing here *uninstalls*."

Anyway...

Watching through the recent Dexter is hitting a little close to home, piece-of-shit dad-wise. Well, minus the serial killing. 

I think. Mostly because he's too lazy and not smart enough to get away with it.

• Like 1

I sometimes forget it's just constantly dark out so when they were at the school a couple episodes ago, I was a little confused why high school was going on at night. And then I realized I'm dumb.

I'm slightly surprised by the low audience score. I may have really loved that first season, but this season has been creepy as fuck in all the right ways and the mystery stuff has been rock solid. Part of me wonders if it has to do with the female centric cast.

• Like 3

Got through ep 3 earlier. I'm... not really feeling it much. I'm in it til the end, only six episodes so I think I can do that, but however bizarre they're trying to be it all feels very rote. This one felt like the "get it over with" expo dump episode. The phone recording was all Blair Witch. I wouldn't be surprised if the leads being two women that hate each other instead of two men turns the idiots out there off but there could be other reasons too. 

21 hours ago, EVA said:

Flashback?

I'm pretty sure it was current day but I could be wrong.  I Googled it and apparently, in that part of Alaska, it still does get sort of light, like dusk, a few hours a day during the dark season.

I really like the show.  The only bad thing about it is Billie Eilish's edgelord marblemouth sexy baby voice music.  But that's why the good lord above invented "skip intro."

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

Aside from the first episode, I hit skip intro for everything. When my wife or daughter have the remote they just let it play and it drives me nuts. Even for shows with really long intros like For All Mankind. 

• Like 1

Not to denigrate your family but I feel like people that do that just ain't right. I just binged The Sopranos recently and if I had to watch that intro every single time I'd go crazy. I couldn't even hang through some of the episodes and had to FF judiciously.