DVDVR Message Board

October 2023 Wrestling Discussion

1 minute ago, AxB said:

911 from ECW. Sabu’s handler, who only knew one move (and it was a Chokeslam).

911 did wrestle a couple of matches as Big Al in WCW but that was before Abbott came along, this was a different dude. 

I'm pretty sure he was some buddy of Tank's because nobody recognized him as an extant indie guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 7:27 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Bam Margera has aged really badly. 

I'd laugh at that but if you saw the Epicly Later'd episode on him on Vice, or read any of the batshit things he wrote and threatened his friends with, you wouldn't. I think he's finally getting back on the wagon and skating again but the dude says his drinking basically hollowed out his bones to the point he's in danger of breaking anything. It's something I'm scared about too...

But Lawler's fair game! So much plastic surgery I wouldn't be surprised if that thing is stuck on with spirit gum. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/18/2023 at 11:22 PM, Craig H said:

A championship jacket that's like the jackets people get for winning their darts league.

Hey now, the place I bowl at has jackets if you bowl a 800 series during league. It's a long term goal of mine to get one. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AxB said:

911 from ECW. Sabu’s handler, who only knew one move (and it was a Chokeslam).

Hey..

I saw him do a suplex that one match he teamed with Rey against the Eliminators.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Hey..

I saw him do a suplex that one match he teamed with Rey against the Eliminators.

Yeah, I was wondering how that match could have worked if all 911 did was chokeslam both Eliminators throughout the match!

It was wierd, where the Elims just kept 911 on the outside and avoided the Chokeslam like the plague while doing an extended FIP sequence with Rey, the 2 times 911 got in, one was a snap suplex on Saturn, then I think he eventually got in, Chokeslams, and then Rey did a splash off his shoulders (which was funny, as 911 was only like, 6 foot, which made him a giant in ECW at the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'd laugh at that but if you saw the Epicly Later'd episode on him on Vice, or read any of the batshit things he wrote and threatened his friends with, you wouldn't. I think he's finally getting back on the wagon and skating again but the dude says his drinking basically hollowed out his bones to the point he's in danger of breaking anything. It's something I'm scared about too...

But Lawler's fair game! So much plastic surgery I wouldn't be surprised if that thing is stuck on with spirit gum. 

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, I think he's now off said wagon again, sadly. There's a legal issue right now involving him assaulting his brother Jess (the CKY drummer) - I guess Bam smacked him so hard he fucked up his eardrum and he had to miss some gigs and recording sessions. Apparently he's with some meth head woman now, too. I could be outta the loop but that was the latest I knew as of a few weeks ago, and I know that Vice show was like 2 years back now

There was a recommended thing on Facebook I saw recently that said he'd been sober for like a week or a day or some extremely limited amount of time and was going to whatever big skate thing Vans does to participate, which is why I wrote that. It probably didn't take. Sad, man -- he'll never get over losing Dunn. 

• Sad 1

Why were there so many Big Al's in WCW?!

I knew Big Al with Tank Abbott and Big Al (911) were not the same person, but I always thought Big Al (911) was the same person as Big Al (Who became The Dog)! But it turns out Big Al Green who played The Dog was neither Big Al (911) nor Big Al (Tank's friend). So at some point WCW had three (!) different incarnations of Big Al, none of whom were the same person?! :hair-tearing out gif

By the way, I hadn't seen it in years, but Big Al Green had one of the funniest vignettes in WCW history as The Dog when Brian Knobbs caught him drinking out of the toilet, then drove him out to the middle of nowhere and abandoned him, leaving Green to howl in sadness at being abandoned. I've never been sure, but I've always felt like someone was watching the Simpsons Barbershop Quarter episode when Homer was tasked with getting rid of Chief Wiggum who had his head out the window panting and saying "Where we going" before Homer abandoned him in the countryside leaving Wiggum to howl as he drove away.

https://www.wwe.com/videos/brian-knobbs-catches-the-dog-drinking-out-of-the-toilet-and-then-ditches-him-in-the-desert

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, zendragon said:

What year was that? That has to be one of the most insane things I’ve seen in wrestling 

In 2000, if you believe this write-up, I'd say Sabu dodged a bullet when ECW fought his signing with WCW

"In 2000, he was repackaged as The Dog when he formed a hardcore tag team managed by Fit Finlay with Brian Knobbs. His mannerisms in this gimmick were those of a stereotypical attack dog and would have habits not unlike dogs, including drinking from the toilet. He was a last minute replacement in their group for Sabu."

https://bwwe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Dog

Edited by caley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

There was a recommended thing on Facebook I saw recently that said he'd been sober for like a week or a day or some extremely limited amount of time and was going to whatever big skate thing Vans does to participate, which is why I wrote that. It probably didn't take. Sad, man -- he'll never get over losing Dunn. 

Don’t trust FB. Last time I went on there the first post I saw was “Will Ospreay to WWE” with tweets from Ospreay and everything it was something. 

Also if you’re looking for a CKy/Jackass guy for inspiration go with Steve-o. 

• Like 1