DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

Well, *THAT* sure was an interesting month.  

This month, we have All Out on Saturday, and in just 3 weeks, Grand Slam - 3rd Set.  

I wonder if Action Bronson is doing anything these days...  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sex Machine Gun said:

No one.

Grand Slam, "2nd Set?" This is their third time running the place, how is it considered the second set?

Because I didn't remember they'd run it 3 times. 

• Like 1

All In thread was closed before I could post Meltzer and my star ratings.

Meltzer:

CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe: ***1/2.

Jay White, Juice Robinson & Konosuke Takeshita vs. Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi & Hangman Adam Page: ****1/2.

FTR vs. Young Bucks: ****3/4.

Eddie Kingston, Best Friends, Orange Cassidy & Penta vs. Blackpool Combat Club, Mike Santana & Ortiz: ****1/2.

Hikaru Shida vs. Saraya vs. Toni Storm vs. Britt Baker: **3/4.

Sting & Darby Allin vs. Swerve Strickland & Christian Cage. Coffin Match: ****1/4.

Will Ospreay vs. Chris Jericho: ****3/4.

The House of Black vs. The Acclaimed: **1/2.

MJF vs. Adam Cole: ****1/2.

Natural:

CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe: ****1/2.

Jay White, Juice Robinson & Konosuke Takeshita vs. Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi & Hangman Adam Page: ****1/4.

FTR vs. Young Bucks: ****3/4.

Eddie Kingston, Best Friends, Orange Cassidy & Penta vs. Blackpool Combat Club, Mike Santana & Ortiz: ****1/4.

Hikaru Shida vs. Saraya vs. Toni Storm vs. Britt Baker: ***.

Sting & Darby Allin vs. Swerve Strickland & Christian Cage. Coffin Match: ****1/2.

Will Ospreay vs. Chris Jericho: ****1/4.

The House of Black vs. The Acclaimed: **1/2.

MJF vs. Adam Cole: ****1/4.

Jay White, Juice Robinson & Konosuke Takeshita vs. Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi & Hangman Adam Page: ****1/2.

I think at this point we just have to accept that Meltzer will give 4+* to anything involving Kenny, probably Ibushi too, and definitely Okada too. 

Bravo on that review btw Matt, some of your best writing ever there... even the "pointed response" line haha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I regularly check out AEW's Spotify to get the best stuff on my gym playlists. Recently added Dustin Rhodes' awesome theme to one of them. But they are missing some really important ones (for me, at least)! Where the F is Jeff Jarrett's "My World"? I'd love to add Will Ospreay's theme, too and The Outrunners, but they are nowhere to be found! What gives?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I think at this point we just have to accept that Meltzer will give 4+* to anything involving Kenny, probably Ibushi too, and definitely Okada too. 

Bravo on that review btw Matt, some of your best writing ever there... even the "pointed response" line haha

It was a really nice match that got better as it went along, but that is so excessive it's not even funny. I can't star-rate wrestling matches to save my life (which is funny, because I had no problem star-rating Goth songs when I was younger), so I'm not the one who should be critiquing this, but still, that rating is higher than Rascalz on Impact!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

I regularly check out AEW's Spotify to get the best stuff on my gym playlists. Recently added Dustin Rhodes' awesome theme to one of them. But they are missing some really important ones (for me, at least)! Where the F is Jeff Jarrett's "My World"? I'd love to add Will Ospreay's theme, too and The Outrunners, but they are nowhere to be found! What gives?

I don't think SAP's awesome Masters of the Universe homage is on there either. 

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You had a week.

Qrk-5RzKI2wvuCd6F8-T02b1IwM=.gif

It's Friday (and you know what that means). The show was on Sunday. That's not a week. That's five days. And Monday was a Bank Holiday so that doesn't count. 4 days.

It has just occurred to me that Negro Casas should be the leader of the House of Black.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Double J's tune is from TNA so if you're looking under AEW/Mikey that might be why - try searching for it using TNA or Dale Oliver, it's all over YouTube

• Thanks 1