DVDVR Message Board

August 2023 Wrestling Discussion

Hey errryone. I need some recommendations for something I'm working on for my e-fed. Looking for:

1) A good trios bloodbath. 

2) A really good trios match sprint that comes in at around 10 minutes.

Would be fun if it's lucha but will take any gnarly six man match. 

On 8/6/2023 at 8:23 PM, The Natural said:

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1687965817432875008

Kairi Same returning to WWE according to PWInsider!

KAIRI gave a press conference yesterday. She kept mum on if she was going to the WWE but the "as soon as this week" thing is put to rest as she said she will go on an indefinite hiatus at the end of September and will fulfill any appearances she has already booked.

https://karensensei.substack.com/p/kairi-holds-personal-press-conference

• Like 1

Sonya Deville has torn her ACL, she's WWE Women's Tag Team Champions with Chelsea Green. Get well soon. Those belts and booking of are cursed. Only time those belts were prominent were Sasha Banks/Bayley holding them.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Hey errryone. I need some recommendations for something I'm working on for my e-fed. Looking for:

1) A good trios bloodbath. 

2) A really good trios match sprint that comes in at around 10 minutes.

Would be fun if it's lucha but will take any gnarly six man match. 

Recommends for moments in the match/ psychology or recommendations as a match to watch to get you in the mood for trio violence or recommendations for a gimmick for the match?

16 hours ago, Octopus said:

Recommends for moments in the match/ psychology or recommendations as a match to watch to get you in the mood for trio violence or recommendations for a gimmick for the match?

It is going to be a trios match — I want to watch a few good ones to steal from.

4 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I know those are older pictures, but more wrestlers should have gotten out earlier so they can age like Keiko Nakano.

Or gotten hooked on coke.

16 minutes ago, nate said:

Or gotten hooked on coke.

Stories about Bull's (rather recent) hospitalization + cirrhosis woes were rough to read about. Glad she's doing alright, even if every photograph I've ever seen of her seems to say she's doing alright (even when she wasn't).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John E. Dynamite said:

Stories about Bull's (rather recent) hospitalization + cirrhosis woes were rough to read about. Glad she's doing alright, even if every photograph I've ever seen of her seems to say she's doing alright (even when she wasn't).

Bull knew enough to give up her bar business. Actually the last two times I went to her bar she wasn't there. She had a unique life. She disappeared, was in Florida and Hawaii as a golf club pro, and went back to Japan opened her bar and went back to the wrestling world as a OG and even talento. 

I can't imagine that she did coke in Japan. Drug laws are too severe. Madusa's book that I just read said that Bull failed a piss test for coke in WWF that was just for general partying in wrestling. I remember the reports at the time were that she had drugs found by customs. I thought(heard?) that it was roids. She has admitted to doing them for a cycle in the US and stopping when her voice deepened and a couple of whiskers sprouted.

Bull had a recent facebook post of "this day x years ago" of a picture of me and her that I posted a few years ago that was actually from Itsuki Yamazaki's restaurant from the 90's. I had dinner with her at my table one time when I was helping out Wally Yamaguchi with some kind of fan trip from Japan to MSG. I met her there a few times when she was in WWF. I re-connected with her when she opened Nakano no Bullchan 20 years later. Once in a while Keiko Nakano will like one of my facebook posts and I give the biggest pop imaginable. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I wasn't aware she does that.

I don't know if it's a constant thing or not. When I saw her name trending,I guess bc of the Izzy thing, I (foolishly maybe) clicked on it and most of the posts seem to be butt related, including gifs of IYO palming it after an interview (maybe at Summerslam). 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I don't know if it's a constant thing or not. When I saw her name trending,I guess bc of the Izzy thing, I (foolishly maybe) clicked on it and most of the posts seem to be butt related, including gifs of IYO palming it after an interview (maybe at Summerslam). 

Whenever I see a name trending a good half of the posts are from the last few days despite the trending being related to something from just that day or even hour. Also whenever I see see women in wrestling trending there definitely are a lot of thirst pics/posts that will come up. It can be annoying when trying to find the reason why they are trending, assuming it isn't related to something horny in the first place. 

I found the Bayley tweet when someone posted an article elsewhere about Izzy's debut.