DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2023 - 2ND HALF

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And so it begins anew... 

Jerry Reinsdorf is floating a threat to move the White Sox to Nashville when their lease expires.

Not only that...though I hear Oakland might be available...

The White Sox are angling for...NEW STADIUM HOTNEZZ!!!

Spoiler

The Chicago White Sox have called Guaranteed Rate Field home for more than 30 years, but according to a new report, the team is weighing their options, including the possibility of leaving Chicago behind.

While no decision has been reached, according to a new report from Crain’s Chicago Business, Jerry Reinsdorf, the owner and chairman of the club, would consider moving the White Sox out of Guaranteed Rate Field when their lease expires in six years.

That relocation could be as simple as building a new stadium elsewhere in the city, or could involve moving to Chicago’s suburbs or even to Nashville, according to the report….

Finally, the report indicates that Reinsdorf may consider selling his majority stake in the White Sox, allowing a new owner to potentially choose their future home. A team spokesperson declined comment on that portion of the report.

Also related to the White Sox stuff

The Nats have extended manager Davey Martinez

They are also working on an extension with GM Mike Rizzo

However since Rizzo hasn't signed it yet - some folks are starting to think Rizzo is going to get the White Sox job (mainly because he is from Chicago)

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Let's check in on the Bombers...

1e1d9cfc-7c27-405c-b702-11febcda274c_scr

Two god damn hits...  

They're on their longest losing streak (9) since 1982.  

You can't say that on the radio!

Regarding the White Sox...LOLOLOLOL

With that out of the way, there's no way they're leaving Chicago. Especially for Nashville. I also doubt they'd move to the suburbs. That's like the Ricketts threatening to move the Cubs to Rosemont complete with buying up land in Rosemont. Reinsdorf hasn't even gone that far yet.

They need to focus on not being a complete fucking embarrassment of a franchise. They had a golden opportunity with some incredible talent and they immediately shot themselves in the foot by hiring Palpatine as their manager. There were so many other better options to go with and they went with maybe the worst one available. They're lucky they're in the AL Central because at least they'll always have a chance in that division. 

I'm sure Theo will get a call and probably respond with, "new phone, who's this?"

• Haha 1

Great win for the Phillies last night. Place was sold out. Playoff atmosphere the whole game and then in the 9th it became a Phillies playoff atmosphere, which is several levels up. I absolutely believe a chaotic CBP messes with away players. It did last night. I am very biased but I don’t think there is a better atmosphere in professional sports right now than a packed and crazed Citizens Bank Park. It’s more like a college football/basketball/Premier League thing than a baseball game.

Trea Turner has been incredible since the standing ovation he got a few weeks ago after being crap for the whole season. On my phone so I can’t dig up the numbers but it’s been an ungodly stretch for him. World Baseball Classic Trea. My wife was at that game and said it gave her chills. The next game, he hit a late bomb to give the Phils the lead.  He had the walk-off base hot last night. 

40 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Great win for the Phillies last night. Place was sold out. Playoff atmosphere the whole game and then in the 9th it became a Phillies playoff atmosphere, which is several levels up. I absolutely believe a chaotic CBP messes with away players. It did last night. I am very biased but I don’t think there is a better atmosphere in professional sports right now than a packed and crazed Citizens Bank Park. It’s more like a college football/basketball/Premier League thing than a baseball game.

Trea Turner has been incredible since the standing ovation he got a few weeks ago after being crap for the whole season. On my phone so I can’t dig up the numbers but it’s been an ungodly stretch for him. World Baseball Classic Trea. My wife was at that game and said it gave her chills. The next game, he hit a late bomb to give the Phils the lead.  He had the walk-off base hot last night. 

My nephew starts at UPenn this fall so I'm def going to try and catch a Phillies game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

My nephew starts at UPenn this fall so I'm def going to try and catch a Phillies game. 

Tell your nephew that he should also watch UPenn baseball (The Quake Show) at Miekeljon Stadium. It seats maybe 200 people. Incredibly weird set-up -- it's not quite on campus and tucked in between an interstate and an active freight rail line with a humming electrical tower next to right field. The games are almost always free. There's no security so bring anything you want. Most of the people there are friends and family. Penn has been the best team in the Ivy this year. They made the NCAA Tournament and wreaked absolute havoc in their regional. They were an inning or two away from making a Super Regional, which is nearly impossible for schools from the northeast. 

And, also, The Palestra (Penn's basketball arena) is the best basketball arena in the country. Bar none. 

• Thanks 1

Ohtani hit a HR in the 1st inning and then left the game in the 2nd with arm fatigue

And LAA is going to lose so it is basically the full Ohtani experience

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Ohtani hit a HR in the 1st inning and then left the game in the 2nd with arm fatigue

And LAA is going to lose so it is basically the full Ohtani experience

This offseason is going to be really interesting, watching Ohtani and the contract he gets. My gut is that he'll break records with his contract as it only takes one team, but there have to be teams that could use him that kinda hesitate due to his issues with arm fatigue and being concerned he won't be able to start come October.

Course, he would get a monster contract just based on his hitting, nevermind the pitching, so even if a team thinks they get him for two/three years doing both then he transitions to DH, maybe he is still worth the $450 mil contract even though he's 29. Going to be fun to watch either way.

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Aaron Judge finally got angry

Two home runs in the first two innings- he is single handily winning the game 6-0

Judge finished the game with 3 HRs which is actually the first time in his career he has had a 3 HR game

That really sucks, I feel like baseball fans just saw something very very special that will go down as a three year peak like we may never see again. Both as a fan it sucks, and also feeling for Ohtani as he was just a few months away from probably getting the biggest contract in MLB History. He'll still get paid since he is such a good hitter but I feel like this is the end of a really historic run and it makes me sad.

• Like 3