DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2023 - 2ND HALF

RIPPA

From the WaPost article:

Strasburg, 35, continues to deal with “severe nerve damage,” according to three people with knowledge of his situation. He has struggled with mundane tasks, such as lifting his young daughters or opening a door with his right hand. Last summer, when he tried and failed to return — making three rehab outings before that final start in Miami — Strasburg sometimes couldn’t stand for long without his hand going completely numb. To cope with it, he would lie down on his side and press his hand against his chest.

• Sad 4

Adam Jones will officially retire this Sept 15 when he signs a one day deal with the Orioles

Jones hasn't played in MLB since 2019 (He played in Japan for 2 years and nowhere last season)

As if shit wasn't crazy enough for the White Sox...

Tonight's Vanilla Ice post-game concert was cancelled due to "technical issues."

Those technical issues were two people being shot in the stadium bleachers. 

• Sad 1

Alex Verdugo became only the third player in MLB history to hit a 1st inning leadoff home run in 3 straight games (Brady Anderson and Ronald Acuna Jr are the other 2)

Guardians DFAed Thor after he was terrible again in his start on Saturday

So he was at least the 2nd player who was traded at the deadline who didn't make it to the end of the season with his new club (Paul DeJong was the other)

During yesterday's Braves/Rockies game - two idiots ran and basically assaulted Ronald Acuna Jr

Atlanta Braves outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr. was confronted by two fans in right field during Monday's game at Coors Field, an encounter that left the star player knocked to the ground.

In the seventh inning against the Colorado Rockies, an individual ran onto the field to take a selfie with Acuna, putting his arm around the player before security personnel dashed over.

While security worked to pry the individual off Acuna, another individual ran onto the field and rushed toward Acuna, appearing to make contact with him and knocking him to the ground.

Acuna sat on the grass as security dealt with the individuals. He got up on his own power. Atlanta had just scored four runs to take a 9-4 lead before the incident happened.

Acuna did not appear to be injured because of the incident, smiling afterward and flashing a thumbs-up sign.

"I was a little scared at first," Acuna said through an interpreter. "I think the fans were out there and asking for pictures. I really couldn't say anything because at that point, security was already there and we were already kind of tangled up, but security was able to get there and everything's OK. We're all OK, and I hope they're OK."

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

During yesterday's Braves/Rockies game - two idiots ran and basically assaulted Ronald Acuna Jr

I've been saying the words "Monica" and "Seles" but no one listens.  When someone gets a blade out on the field, maybe they finally will. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I've been saying the words "Monica" and "Seles" but no one listens.  When someone gets a blade out on the field, maybe they finally will. 

Well it has been. . .30 YEARS!? We are so old. . . 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I'm waiting for the day when its a kid that runs onto the field/pitch/court and assaults someone.

Wasn't it a teenager and their parent who assaulted that ump like 20 years ago? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Wasn't it a teenager and their parent who assaulted that ump like 20 years ago? 

Little did the father and son know that the umpire Laz Diaz was a former Marine. 

BTW, the Yankees released Josh Donaldson. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

the shooting at Guaranteed Rate Field during a #WhiteSox    game was indeed an accidental discharge by one of the women “grazed” by the bullet. She reportedly snuck the gun in past metal detectors hiding it in the folds of her belly fat.

MURICA

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

BTW, the Yankees released Josh Donaldson. 

Basically - because he wasn't hurt enough to miss the rest of the season they Yanks dumped him instead of wasting a month more with him