DVDVR Message Board

AEW - April 2023

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Best original themes: 

1. FTR
2. Hangman

There are so many original themes that I would never get into outside the context of wrestling, but are so good in the world of wrestling: DMD, Jamie Hayter, Cole, Acclaimed, Moriarty, Kingston (questions of quality more related to the lyrical content which is barely even heard), Starks, (the previous theme for) Powerhouse Hobbs, uh MJF!

Worst themes: Lance Archer's is just dogshit awful (tho, I'm not not amused). The vocal version of Danielson's (the instrumental is totally fine). If I heard Athena's music on the radio I would switch fast, but it's kinda awesome in the context of Athena doing her thing which is a testament to how great she is.

Forgot FTR and MJF.

I like Bryan Danielson's song with the "You're gonna get your fucking head kicked in!" part ONLY. The verse one, I don't like it.

There are a ton of AEW themes I like. Just thinking about it got the Renegade Sisters' theme stuck in my head, so there you go. Too many C-Shows for me... That said, the thing is that there's so much AEW content that I usually watch the entrances at 1.25 or 1.5 speed so ... it's their theme at 1.25 speed. Give it a try.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dog said:

I must be the only one who hates calling a wrestler's music a "theme." TV shows have theme music. People have entrance music. 

Ah, yes, but a wrestler will often also exit to that music.

What say you now, good sir?!?!?

• Haha 4

I read that on F4W a few minutes before you posted and the way it is written you would believe GENICHIRO TENRYU IS ALL ELITE!.

God, if we had a time machine to make this possible....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve heard it used to describe darts’ players music when they go to the oche, unless it’s both when they come out from the back and when they step up. 

but, same would apply to walk out as a phrase.

Edited by odessasteps

I always though Adam Page's music was different than what he used in NJPW. I swear what he used there was either the Ecstasy of Gold or even more of a ripoff of it than his current music. 

Either way Hangman's music is one of my favorites. That and I can't hear his music without thinking of the Chucky T tweet about "them horses have dicks now!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I always though Adam Page's music was different than what he used in NJPW. I swear what he used there was either the Ecstasy of Gold or even more of a ripoff of it than his current music. 

It's just his Ring of Honor stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh7rgmSTinY&ab_channel=RingofHonorWrestling

Hangman's is stock music, but they did repackage it on streaming services under the name 'A Hangman's Tale' with an AEW logo on it, so they may have worked with the artist or something - the person who played it is named Vincent Pedullo, and the song was originally called "Ghost Town Triumph." I'm not sure if it came from any specific library, Google gives back a lot of like SoundCloud hip hop loop-type results.

Edit: as best as I can tell, this is the original source:

https://www.royaltyfreemusicclips.com/music-download/ghost-town-triumph-5005983/

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

22 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I believe baseball uses the term walk up music 

Because you're walking up to or stepping up to the plate.

Or for relievers and closers, you're stepping up to the mound.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zendragon said:

I saw them in Vegas with what had to be 50 amps and all that shit was plugged in

I saw Sunn((o)) here in Toronto play an old abandoned Power Plant. It was the loudest show I've ever seen as well. The loudness was so high it was like a physical forcefield within a large radius of the stage. I stood as far back as possible and took cover from all the unknown potentially dangerous flaking shit that was dropping from the ceiling. I'm with the Jonathan Richman motto on loud shows these days.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

https://twitter.com/FightfulSelect/status/1650630722800046082

Punk was backstage at RAW a few minutes ago and was asked to leave

Where was the asked to leave part?

Nevermind. Found it somewhere. Yeah, that's the more rumor part.

Now, not behind a paywall:

AEW’s CM Punk was backstage at WWE’s Raw on Monday.

Both Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer have confirmed that CM Punk was backstage at Raw in Chicago Monday afternoon. According to Alvarez, he was eventually asked to leave by security. 

PWInsider, who initially reported Punk’s backstage visit, said that he did "briefly see Paul Levesque" and "met with several other WWE talents” before being asked to leave. They additionally reported that their source said that it was a Vince McMahon decision to have Punk leave the venue, with the same source saying him being asked to leave was due to Punk being under contract to another company.

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/aews-cm-punk-asked-to-leave-wwe-raw-following-backstage-visit