DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 2/11/2022

Dynamite was just great this week. Can AEW keep the ball rolling?

We’ll Hear From Bryan Danielson - I am in no way opposed to this. Presumably we are getting some fall-out from Mox teaming with Punk, and we might end up with Bryan, Moxley, Punk, and even MJF's storylines all woven together. 

Hook vs. QT Marshall’s top student Blake Li - I'm looking forward to this. My only question is: Will they use this as an opportunity to get another new young wrestler over (not that he needs to go over, just looking good against Hook should be more than enough) or will Hook just entertainingly steamroll the guy.

Oh! I just realized I have another question: Will El Hijo del Tazmaniac pull out the head-drop no-sell in this one, too?

Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. vs. Robyn Renegade - According to a tweet that @AxB posted, Charlette Renegade thinks her twin is going to do some stuff in this match that, to the best of my knowledge, has never been done on a pro wrestling network TV show before. Maybe it was just a typo.

Roppongi Vice vs. The Young Bucks!! - We were supposed to get this match last month and I was really psyched for it, but Rocky tested positive for COVID-19 and the match was instead changed to Trent Beretta vs. Nick Jackson. 

I'm still psyched to see this.

Plus, there's the whole Switchblade angle to consider this time. I kinda want Jay White to do a staredown with Danhausen here, just 'cause that seemed so unlikely a couple of weeks ago.  

AEW World Tag Team Championship Match: Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus (c) (w/Christian Cage) vs. Colten & Austin Gunn (w/Billy Gunn) - I'm not quite sure how it happened, but the whole "Ass Boys" thing has managed to get Gunn Club completely over with me, and I don't think I am alone in that at all. If you'd told me, like, three months ago that I'd be excited for this match... I would  have believed you because it's AEW... but I am still a little surprised how excited I am to see this. 

Edited by Gordlow
Switchblade angle
  • Like 3

lol if Jay White is only  here short-term, an angle versus Danhausen would be the bomb. 

Totally take it into left field and put the biggest signing on hold for a B-movie (comedy/horror?) storyline that could possibly explain White's sudden absence. Hexes and vexes and curses and shit. 

I finally got the bright idear to tape Rampage, so am gonna see what this late night AEdub is about.

Edited by Horatio
  • Like 1

I’m curious what everyone thinks of Roppongi Vice/Bucks. I wouldn’t consider us die hard fans of any of those guys, but we went apeshit for it after a long night. I don’t want to oversell it, but it has what I’d consider the funniest thing I’ve seen the Bucks do in a match. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, (BP) said:

I’m curious what everyone thinks of Roppongi Vice/Bucks. I wouldn’t consider us die hard fans of any of those guys, but we went apeshit for it after a long night. I don’t want to oversell it, but it has what I’d consider the funniest thing I’ve seen the Bucks do in a match. 

I really enjoyed it and I'm not super into any of them either, but I loved loved loved the main

• Like 4

Two fantastic tag team matches tonight. Wrong team went over in the main in my opinion, but I know I’m in the minority of AEW fandom at large in disliking JE. Gunn Club looked so damn good.

Shocking women’s match, Robyn Renegade got more in tonight than in all of her Dark appearances I’ve seen combined, and looked mostly like she belonged. Funny what a difference a seasoned opponent can make...

I’m sure people are already tired of my hot takes on Hook. At least he’s beating up and no-selling no names. Thing is, wrestling eventually means making your opponent look good. Also, his one throw was dangerous.

The Danielson backstage advanced his angle with Mox, put Mox over, and built up Moriarty. Really looking forward to that match.

Speaking of looking forward, they’ve got another very strong week already set up for next week!

• Like 4

Whole lotta really fun post-modern tag team wrestling on tonight's show! Enjoyed that so much.

"Bux going for the count-out" spot was great! Danhauesen = CHAOS confirmed.

I have never had a Strong Zero in Roppongi, but I have at least one good friend who has. I've had plenty of Strong Zeroes in Dotonbori, though.

Loved that opening match! Kind of hope Jim Cornette was watching and had several massive conniption fits.

Dragon vs Taigastyle!

273735977_981827006072937_44127294470153

That Hook pop! Young man has been studying his Samoa Joe tapes (or at least some "nope spot" gifs)

I imagine the DMD match was good, enjoyed what we were shown of it... Hayter vs Mercedes is something to really look forward to (as is Dragon vs Moriarty and Beretta vs Switchblade...)

Is it already TIME! for the MAIN! EVENT? This hour went quickly!

Jungle Boy is all leopard style tonight, and Ass Boys new entrance gear is *****+

Enjoyed Jericho going all Jesse Ventura there

Nice twist having Jungle Lad use the unprettier!

I love pro wrestling.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John E. Dynamite said:

Kris Statlander stands in direct opposition to any chill. That is the heelest heel promo ever cut in AEW. 

Oh yeah, I immediately was like WTF, that was cold.

• Like 3

Is Trent Barretta trying to make up for lost time taking all these insane head/neck bumps? It's like shit, I've missed like 8 months worth of these fuckers, I need to get in as many as I can in every match? The opening tag was wonderful. Ok, Jay White and More Barretta bumps coming up next week.

Donkey Club looked good against Jungle Express, almost stealing one with the belt shot, but eventually, Jungle Boy prevailed. He's a great hero!

...Oh shit, I just caught on a rewatch that Luchasaurus's promo in it's entirety was "aaaassssss", not "aaaaarghhh!"

Edited by Shartnado
Great promo by Luchasaurus
  • Like 5

Goddamit, GIVE THE ASS BOYS THE BELTS!  That match was great.  The Gunn Clubb are so just touching on the depths of their douchiness.  They were FTR Lite tonight.  Gordlow, don't worry, Robin Renegade didn't actually lick anybody's butts despite what we were promised.  That match was good though.  I assume Baker is channeling Adam Cole and trying to have good matches with anybody put in front of her.  I am soooo excited about Mercedes Martinez versus Jamie Hayter.  That is going to rock.  Trent Berretta is once again the best wrestler in AEW, and he didn't even throw any awesome elbows tonight.  I loved his repertoire of 90's New Japan Junior moves.  JAY WHITE vs TRENT BERRETTA IS GOING TO ROCK!  HOOK!  YAY! AEW RULES~!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I don't know who Jay White is. He looks like a skinny Brian Kendrick. So......he looks like The Brian Kendrick. I don't really care about all this Bullet Club/Elite nonsense really.

Great matches over all, and I'm still all for a Hobo Army stable forming. Not sure if it's going to happen, but I'd like it to.

Ass Boys coming out with mid-90's HBK gear was amusing.

• Like 2

I so badly wanted to scream in excitement when they did the backstage for Danielson/Moriarty.  Please, PLEASE give that time and let them just put on a goddamn clinic.

The show top to bottom was fan-fucking-tastic and is the first time I really got Gunn Club.  They were super smart with their approaches until it was time to not be and I loved them for it.  I almost am feeling bad for skipping most of their matches on Dark/Elevation but it blows my mind how good they got compared to when they started wrestling.

• Like 3