DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 2/11/2022

Finally caught up.

Gunn Club vs JE: For those who were expecting big, distracting Ass Boys chants to be a big story of the match, you'll be glad to know that happened in the PiP, which, like usual had the heat, which, generally went well. Couple of very smart moments in this one, both the fakeout hot tag where they took out Luchasaurus on the apron and the belt shot which was complex in set up but felt more or less organic. Jungle Boy seems to kick out of one thing that he shouldn't ever match but I'm ultimately okay with that because it's a long term investment about his toughness. That's going to get him over in the end. Granted, everyone on the roster kicks out of one thing they shouldn't ever match, but it seems to resonate more with him for some reason. The first time you see Luchasaurus crash through everyone, miss the last charge, hit the double clothesline, you're impressed by the spot. The second time in two matches you see it, you get annoyed because it's a once-in-a-while snack, not an everyday one. Anything that involves your opponent to do something specific shouldn't necessarily happen every match. Ultimately, it was a good showing for the Gunn Club and speaks well to how they might be utilized in six months.

Blake Li vs Hook: Favorite moment here was Li missing the move off the ropes and Hook sort of shrugging to the crowd. Very natural reaction which wasn't about playing to the crowd and just about him reacting to what was happening around him. Obviously the t-bone was nasty. He has a great visual with his hair whenever he does a headbutt. Obviously he shouldn't be doing twenty a match but it's something he can do once a match to great effect.

Britt Baker vs Robyn Renegade: Felt a little weird Charlotte wasn't out there but it would have been extra info in a word problem. No reason to blur the lines. I've liked what I've seen out of the Renegades on Dark as heels, especially in studio when they play with the crowd. This was really just meant to be a dominant Britt performance, and that's good. She doesn't get the enhancement matches and they've been having Jade go up against people like Skye Blue or Julia more to build her on the big stage, so it's nice to see Baker just crush someone once in a while. This particular Rosa push doesn't feel like THE push that dethrones Britt though. Maybe after Wednesday. It was fun to see her run through Rebel.

Danielson promo was almost too cute but it was the best Moriarty's done promo-wise so far. Simple, straight to the point, and Danielson's response was very good.

Roppong... oh hey, wait, so we're watching Snowpiercer now and made it through S1 and S2 streaming but S3 is happening now and it's on TNT, so this it the first thing I've watched with my wife on TNT or TBS in ages. On streaming, you just get one commercial per break and it's always a TNT show commercial, so a lot of Claws and the Shaq show. No Rampage/Dynamite but every episode has a Rhodes to the Top and the wife thinks it looks like the stupidest thing ever: "A Wrestling Baby Reality show" and i was trying to explain Dusty Rhodes in the length of time of the one commercial break before the show came back, and she was exasperated by the idea that there was this folk hero from the 80s to the point that I just gave up and said that everyone thinks that Cody's neck tattoo is dumb too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/12/2022 at 6:52 AM, The Green Meanie said:

Ass Boys coming out with mid-90's HBK gear was amusing.

Yeah, I was placing those gears at '92 and '97, respectively. Wouldn't it have made more sense to give tribute to Billy Gunn's '93 and '98 gear instead? Oh well, they were cool outfits all the same.

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah, I was placing those gears at '92 and '97, respectively. Wouldn't it have made more sense to give tribute to Billy Gunn's '93 and '98 gear instead? Oh well, they were cool outfits all the same.

Deffo 92/93 and Hell in a Cell HBK, good eye 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, eikerir said:

Deffo 92/93 and Hell in a Cell HBK, good eye 

Thanks! I was trying to pinpoint that '97 one, but that's what it was! I was thinking maybe that RAW match against Mankind that kinda led to the formation of DX, but yeah, it must have been the Hell in a Cell one!

• Like 1