Jump to content

2022 NFL OFFSEASON


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

The NFL Combine will stay in Indy for at least the next two years (2023, 2024)

The NFL is also considering scrapping the Pro Bowl game entirely.

They would still do a week of activities including potentially playing a 7 v 7 non-tackle game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh, and let's check in on Bill Belichick's House of Unwanted Head Coaches

hmm

 

Why do I not believe this?

 

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The NFL Combine will stay in Indy for at least the next two years (2023, 2024)

The NFL is also considering scrapping the Pro Bowl game entirely.

They would still do a week of activities including potentially playing a 7 v 7 non-tackle game

The 7 v 7 thing sounds like a bad idea.  I feel like it'll just lead to another Robert Edwards situation.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the quote from the story I saw it in

Quote

According to that person, the league is dissatisfied with the quality of play in the Pro Bowl and is considering alternatives to the game that could include a seven-on-seven passing competition. Such a move would allow quarterbacks, receivers and defensive players to compete without any tackling or blocking.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

I get what you guys are saying,  but a non tackle game is infinitely more safe than a full contact game. 

Well, duh.  I'm saying a full contact game AND this idea are both bad.  One is "less bad" but still...bad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's about bonuses, then just select a Pro Bowl team the way Topps used to name their "All Pro" team for their sports cards. All of these guys can afford to pay for their own trips to Hawaii these days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pittsburgh's VP of football & business administration Omar Khan is taking over as GM for the team.  

The report isn't clear if this is just him absorbing the GM responsibilities into his current job, if this is technically a demotion, or why anyone would take over the Steelers' job.  Because Pittsburgh sucks. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They stop playing in Hawaii years ago

Obviously shows how long it's been since I paid it any attention 🙂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Pittsburgh's VP of football & business administration Omar Khan is taking over as GM for the team.  

The report isn't clear if this is just him absorbing the GM responsibilities into his current job, if this is technically a demotion, or why anyone would take over the Steelers' job.  Because Pittsburgh sucks. 

 

Because they want to be part of a winning franchise?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Pittsburgh's VP of football & business administration Omar Khan is taking over as GM for the team.  

The report isn't clear if this is just him absorbing the GM responsibilities into his current job, if this is technically a demotion, or why anyone would take over the Steelers' job.  Because Pittsburgh sucks. 

Schefter's phrasing was "being promoted to GM"

And related - Eagles vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl will join the Steelers as Assistant GM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We shall see if this goes anywhere but the Raiders are bringing Colin Kaepernick for a workout

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

We shall see if this goes anywhere but the Raiders are bringing Colin Kaepernick for a workout

Man, I'd almost pay money to see this happen if Gruden was still there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Gladney was one of the Vikings' first-round picks in 2020 but got released after being charged with assaulting his girlfriend (and was found not guilty at trial). He had signed with Arizona back in March.

25 years old. . .man. . .

Gladney's agent confirms that he was involved in an automobile accident in Dallas on Monday morning.

Edited by Gonzo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It appears that, unsurprisingly, Ryan Fitzpatrick is retiring

Apparently a bunch of former teammates got a text message that certainly seems to indicate that is what he is doing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It appears that, unsurprisingly, Ryan Fitzpatrick is retiring

Apparently a bunch of former teammates got a text message that certainly seems to indicate that is what he is doing

Let's hear it for an inexplicably long career!  I hope he opens a winery and goes fishing a lot.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...