DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

He was also a Black quarterback moved to wide receiver because Black people weren't allowed to play quarterback before 1984.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

There were black QBs in the NFL before 1984.

What are you on about?

Well, you had James Harris, Joe Gilliam, and Doug Williams- but it wasn;t until Warren Moon came down from Edmonton before it was considered not a trope that Black quarterbacks didn't have the "intelligence" and "leadership skills" to play the position and the NFL actually seeked out Black quarterbacks.  And even then you had the Tommy Frazier debacle, where Jimmy Johnson said on Fox that he wasn;t taken in the first round because he was Black.  That's what I'm on about.  And Marlon Briscoe played a few games at quarterback for the San Diego Chargers oin the AFl before he was converted to wide receiver.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Also Charlie Ward went to the NBA since he didn't think the NFL would allow him to play QB. 

That's who I was thinking of.

• Like 1

I guess since the rumors that Phil Knight was gonna buy the Seahawks (and Trail Blazers) wouldn't go away - Jody Allen released a statement that both teams are not up for sale (nor have any sale talks happened).

However, the statement basically did confirm that both teams would be available at some point. (The big reason for this is because Paul Allen's estate plans stated that "the vast majority of his wealth be dedicated to philanthropy")

The state of Washington would get 10% of a sale of the Seahawks if it happened before May 2024 so most believe the team will go up for sale shortly after that deadline.

35 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Hereby move to change the name of the Carolina Panthers to the Carolina Pokemon, since they're collecting everyone else's discarded QBs.

Sorry, Colts already have them beat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Just remember Week 1 is Carolina vs Cleveland .    

Calling it right now... there's going to be a *VERY* tempting prop bet in this game on whether or not the Cleveland D will outscore their own or both offenses.

And not for nothing, but when is the last time an NFL team had an all black QB battery?  Watson-Brisset are the QB's on the roster now.   I honestly can't think of the last time that's happened. 

47 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Calling it right now... there's going to be a *VERY* tempting prop bet in this game on whether or not the Cleveland D will outscore their own or both offenses.

And not for nothing, but when is the last time an NFL team had an all black QB battery?  Watson-Brisset are the QB's on the roster now.   I honestly can't think of the last time that's happened. 

Oh don't worry, Mike Glennon's phone will be ringing any minute now to give Brissett some competition to start Week 1.

• Haha 2

Glad Baker was finally traded so all the talk of him going to Seattle finally stops. The only way Seattle was getting him was if the Browns released him and they could sign him for league minimum. They had zero interest in assuming any of that 18 million and/or giving up any kind of draft pick. 

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Seattle the last three years ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So... if I'm translating from Goodell to english:   "Triple your offer to me DirecTV, or die in a fire."

The report I saw was DirecTV didn't even submit a bid. They are out and not even in the running.

They want to keep bar business and will attempt to make a deal with the rights winners for it, according to the article I read. And try to find a way to be the partner system for rural areas that can't stream. But it's going to land with Amazon or Apple most likely.

I'd like to give a hearty "fuck DirecTV" and good riddance. Sure, Apple and Amazon are evil but DirecTV requiring people to get their shitty satellite TV and then pay $300 on top of that for Sunday Ticket was some bullshit. I had it for a few years as they allow you to get it streaming if you can't get DirecTV where you live, but still, it was such an obnoxious and expensive set-up.

• Like 1