DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 12/12/2022 at 7:59 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

Saw this yesterday, and what a great way to market a movie the appeal of which is being seen in 3D on the largest possible screen.

This movie is too big for the screen! The screen cannot contain this movie! Take a bow, Don Draper!

Literally every review I've seen is "it's so amazing to look at!"   Zero (0) percent of them have said anything about the story.  Positive or negative.  

Though it looks like the first RT scores have it at in the mid 80's.  Metacritic though has it in the high 60's, which -- is concerning. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Literally every review I've seen is "it's so amazing to look at!"   Zero (0) percent of them have said anything about the story.  Positive or negative.  

Though it looks like the first RT scores have it at in the mid 80's.  Metacritic though has it in the high 60's, which -- is concerning. 

Most if the snippets I've read in rt, good and bad is that the story isn't much.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:16 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Just coming back from the cinema (it opened here yesterday; disclaimer: I would not have gone by myself, but my department went there on the (pre-Corona yearly) traditional year-end bowling, dinner + movie night, and as the company paid for everything, I almost had to go), this reads like a pretty fair assessment. Technically it's great and there is not much to the story, it's pretty pedestrian but also nothing offensive or particularly dumb about it and almost no cringey moments (which is anything but a given for a modern blockbuster). The biggest negative is the length of the movie, 3 hours is long, 3 hours of 3D are exhausting. But all in all, I would say I had a good time, 60-70 on metacritic sounds like a fair rating.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Knowing Nolan and his ridiculous penchant for absolute realism, he detonated an actual nuclear device.

Apologies if this trailer has already been posted but I cannot flip back to previous pages in the thread to check.

65 – Official Trailer (HD) - YouTube

Written and Directed by:  Scott Beck & Bryan Woods

Produced by:  Sam Raimi, Deborah Liebling, Zainab Azizi, Scott Beck. Bryan Woods 

Executive Producers:  Doug Merrifield, Jason Cloth, Aaron L. Gilbert

Cast: Adam Driver, Ariana Greenblatt. Chloe Coleman

This looks batshit crazy.  I'm in.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Apologies if this trailer has already been posted but I cannot flip back to previous pages in the thread to check.

I like that you put this because you knew full well I was gonna say its the last post one page back

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Those lazy savages! But hey, when Cameron invents time-travel he can go back and screen his Avatar films for them. It'll be better than the St. Crispin's Day speech.  And those that prefer the slow, mind numbing  path of hopelessness and despair can watch Titanic.

Just watched this for the podcast 

Just watched this for the pod

Technically a Xmas movie.

not nearly as good as the gene Autry movie we reviewed here a couple years ago for the Xmas movie club

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

No, seriously.  He's going to die making these movies:

He's got a clip out where he's thanking people for seeing Top Gun Maverick - while jumping out of a plane. 

• Like 1