DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Jennifer Lawrence has revealed that she has dropped out of Bad Blood where she was set to play Elizabeth Holmes in the Adam McKay directed movie

Lawrence flat out said she dropped out because she felt she couldn't top Amanda Seyfried's portrayal of Holmes in the Hulu Series The Dropout

“I thought she was terrific,” Lawrence said. “I was like, ‘Yeah, we don’t need to redo that.’ She did it.”

No replacement has been named yet

(It should be noted that McKay's version was announced almost 7 years ago)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That has to be the ultimate nod of respect to one actor from another, no? 

It is.  

And no, she couldn't top Amanda Seyfried in The Dropout.  Amanda's performance was outstanding.  The Emmy win was well deserved.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Has the Sam Mendes trailer been posted so long ago I didn't remember it until I saw it in the movies today?

If you mean Empire of Light... I don't know

That's the teaser from a few months ago but I have no memories of it.

Not sure if what you saw was a new trailer that just hasn't hit the internet yet

On 11/8/2022 at 11:38 AM, RIPPA said:

The Whale

Directed by Darren Aronofsky

For those unaware - this is the movie with a lot of Oscar buzz including Brendan Fraser for Best Actor

Looked like one of those trailers that should be in front of Tropic Thunder. 75% was just Brendan Frasier crying like he had to sit through Bedazzled for multiple viewings. 

On 11/2/2022 at 12:47 PM, Curt McGirt said:

May be an image of 6 people, people standing, suit and text

Shots of Nic Cage as Dracula in the upcoming film Renfield

He looks like he's rehearsing by himself and wouldn't you want to be a fly on THAT wall

This depends on how wildly he's gesticulating, not to mention I wouldn't put a little Tom Waits nod past him.  Flies may not be safe.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 2

Uhhhhhhhhh okay (spoilered for size)

Spoiler

May be an image of 7 people and text that says 'The Sequel to HalrBaked Dexter Darden as JR Moses Storm as Miles Ramona Young as Cori Rachel True as Mary Jane David Koechner as Diesel Ash Santos as Trisha Joel Courtney as Bruce UNIVERSAL 22'

That’s a wrap! Rachel True (“Mary Jane”) returns with a new cast and special appearances by original cast member Harland Williams, Frankie Muniz, and comedian Jeff Ross in a sequel to the iconic comedy cult classic, Half Baked. #HalfBakedSequel

From Universal 1440 Entertainment, the film will debut on non-theatrical platforms worldwide in 2023.