DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

John Ashton being the roughest 36-year-old alive in the first Beverly Hills Cop makes him look comparatively great now.

Leave it to Jess Eisenberg to direct some navel gazing intergenerational healing shit like that. It’s like if goatse was adapted into a narrative story. 

23 hours ago, Craig H said:

I believe this is only for the stuff shot in Detroit. There were already stills out there from the production in, presumably, somewhere in Georgia or in Hollywood. For a bunch of old dudes, Foley, Taggart, and Rosewood don't look like they've aged that bad. 

Ronny Cox is also still alive, but I think he's got to be pushing 90. Maybe he'll have a cameo.

And Rest in Power Inspector Todd, both dead in real life and had his on screen character killed off.

"DON'T THINK AXEL! IT MAKES MY DICK ITCH!" "YOUR BUDDY, MARIO ANDRETTI FREEMAN, WRECKED THE DAMN FERRARI!"

ALLRIGHT GODDAMMIT WHO FIXED MY ASS~??

• Haha 1

This probably belongs in the other movie thread, but did Beverly Hills Cop, or more specifically, Inspector Todd, originate the captain or chief or commander that screams at his subordinates in their office? I'm trying to think of who did it first and it's hard because I've, like many of us, watched way too many cop comedies or dramas and the one that sticks out the most is Beverly Hills Cop.

Also, I really, really hope that 4 is more like 1 and 2 where Axel isn't a cartoon character for the whole thing. I liked Eddie getting to show a quieter side and a dramatic side at times, more so in 1, but a little bit in 2 as well. 3 is the weird one where his mentor is gunned down and Axel treats it lighter than when his buddy got killed by younger and uglier Mike Ehrmantraut. 

On 11/28/2022 at 1:42 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Fiqp5R1XwAQ6p5J?format=jpg&name=large

Fuck yeah

COCAINE BEAR

Starring Keri Russell, O’Shea Jackson, Jr., Alden Ehrenreich, Margo Martindale, and Ray Liotta

Directed by Elizabeth Banks

Premieres February 24th 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

COCAINE BEAR

Starring Keri Russell, O’Shea Jackson, Jr., Alden Ehrenreich, Margo Martindale, and Ray Liotta

Directed by Elizabeth Banks

Premieres February 24th 

HOLY SHIT! My boy Scott Seiss is in this! Fucking rad!

• Like 1

Elizabeth Banks did some meth and decided it would be a good idea to direct a movie about a bear high on coke?  And it's Ray Liotta's final movie?

I'm in.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Elizabeth Banks did some meth and decided it would be a good idea to direct a movie about a bear high on coke?  And it's Ray Liotta's final movie?

It probably isn't his final movie

Per IMDB - he has 4 other "upcoming" movies. One is listed as completed, 2 are in post-production (which is the same status as Cocaine Bear) and 1 in production (this is the one he was filming when he passed away so who knows what will happen with it)

One of those movies is April 29, 1992 which is set during the LA riots directed by the dude who directed The Iceman

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Log said:

Lee to direct film based on the life of Lee starring Lee.

Well we already had one based on the life of Lee starring Lee, so it makes sense.

I expect this one to be less... embellished. 

Or not, it is Ang Lee after all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Well we already had one based on the life of Lee starring Lee, so it makes sense.

I expect this one to be less... embellished. 

Or not, it is Ang Lee after all.

I'll give Ang the benefit of the doubt seeing as he's a fellow Illini just like me and my buddies Tony Khan and Nick Offerman.

As long as part of the promotion of the Lee movie isn’t a covert press for some kind of anti-nepobaby hate crime legislation like whatever the fuck that Zoe Kravitz coverage a couple of weeks ago was then that’s all fine.