DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 10/4/2022 at 3:35 PM, RIPPA said:

While I wouldn't call Anaconda good - it is hella fun

I can't comment directly on Hustlers because I have never seen it but I know some people speak fondly of it

Hustlers isn't good. It's not bad just not good. 

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

mario trailer that just dropped

I don't want to hear anybody going on and on about Chris this and Pratt that, telling everybody what they think the ideal Mario voice should sound like. Lou Albano is dead. That ship sailed. Fuck you Luigi.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I am not a CGI fan. I have never watched a Pixar film. Not even Wall-E or Up. 

But.

That looks awesome. 

WALL-E is a must watch. Pixar's best movie. Fantastic film. Up with the exception of THAT opening and ending is overrated.

• Like 1

Kenneth Branagh will return to the role of Hercule Poirot in "A Haunting in Venice." The rest of the cast includes Michelle Yeoh, Jamie Dornan, Tina Fey, Kelly Reilly, Kyle Allen, Camille Cottin, Ali Khan, Riccardo Scamarico, Jude Hill and Emma Laird.

Haunting in Venice will be an adaptation of Agatha Christie's novel, Hallowe'en Party, written in 1969.  

I was kinda hoping they'd do Evil Under the Sun, but it will be good to see one of Christie's lesser-known works given the big screen treatment.  

• Like 3

On 9/24/2022 at 6:02 PM, RIPPA said:

They Cloned Tyrone

John Boyega, Jamie Foxx, Teyonah Parris, and J. Alphonse Nicholson

Release Date is Dec 30, 2022

EDIT - NSFW trailer due to language

I will watch this dumb shit.

On 10/3/2022 at 7:19 PM, S.K.o.S. said:

Holt McCallany, aka the older detective from Mindhunter, has been cast to play Fritz Von Erich in that Iron Claw movie.  Seems good!

It is scary how much Holt McCallany already looks like young Fritz von Erich without any prosthetics.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Kenneth Branagh will return to the role of Hercule Poirot in "A Haunting in Venice." The rest of the cast includes Michelle Yeoh, Jamie Dornan, Tina Fey, Kelly Reilly, Kyle Allen, Camille Cottin, Ali Khan, Riccardo Scamarico, Jude Hill and Emma Laird.

Haunting in Venice will be an adaptation of Agatha Christie's novel, Hallowe'en Party, written in 1969.  

I was kinda hoping they'd do Evil Under the Sun, but it will be good to see one of Christie's lesser-known works given the big screen treatment.  

That's an interesting choice, esp since it's one with Adriade Oliver as the sidekick. I just listened to that audio book recently. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

I will watch this dumb shit.

I saw this trailer and now I've re-written Erykah Badu's song wholly in my head.

"You betta clooooone Tyrooooooooooone....

CLONE HIM!

And tell him coooome ooooooooooooonnnnn..."

I hate my brain. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I saw this trailer and now I've re-written Erykah Badu's song wholly in my head.

"You betta clooooone Tyrooooooooooone....

CLONE HIM!

And tell him coooome ooooooooooooonnnnn..."

I hate my brain. 

I hate your brain too.  That will be stuck in my head for days and days.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Roald Dahl's Matlida the Musical

This is the film adaptation of the musical so not to be confused with the 1996 movie which was just an adaptation the book

Directed by Matthew Warchus who also directed the stage version

Emma Thompson, Stephen Graham, Andrea Riseborough, Sindhu Vee, Alisha Weir, and Lashana Lynch

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Seriously - why do you hate my posts?

Because all you do is talk about how your Daniel Jones' #1 fan and David Wells' number should be retired.  So, I just assumed that was about that.

• Haha 3