DVDVR Message Board

2022 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

It's now far enough away from the trash that was Big Bang Theory that I can stand to look at him again.  Plus, he's done a lot of stuff with Ryan Murphy since the show ended that:  a) erases the trappings of "Sheldon doing xyz", and b) will eventually catch up with him, because of the all-but open secrets surrounding Murphy and his behavior. 

Til then though, I appreciate him doing everything he can to show he's not that mean, misogynistic sociopath the show would portray him as.  

Per Deadline, Jonathan Majors has been cast as Dennis Rodman in 48 Hours in Vegas

As the title suggests, the movie will be about the infamous 48 hours that Rodman spent in Vegas during the 1998 NBA Finals

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Deadline, Jonathan Majors has been cast as Dennis Rodman in 48 Hours in Vegas

As the title suggests, the movie will be about the infamous 48 hours that Rodman spent in Vegas during the 1998 NBA Finals

I know everyone was all up MJ's backside for the 10 part "Michael Jordan's smile cures cancer" documentary, but holy fuck, THIS is the thing they should do a 10 part series on.  I cannot wait. 

On 9/29/2022 at 2:31 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

Bones and All

Taylor Russell, Timmy Chalamet, Mark Rylance 

Directed by Luca Guadagnino 

Select theaters Novermber 18, "everywhere" on Thanksgiving

More Leonard Cohen in trailers please.

John hates the Horror thread.  Movies about young homicidal cannibals in love must be mainstream.

Edited by J.T.

16 hours ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Holt McCallany, aka the older detective from Mindhunter, has been cast to play Fritz Von Erich in that Iron Claw movie.  Seems good!

I got so excited when I saw his name came up because I thought we were going to get Manhunter season 3.

This is...not as good as that, but good casting!

Shotgun Wedding

Director: Jason Moore (Pitch Perfect, Sisters)

Jennifer Lopez, Josh Duhamel, Lenny Kravitz, Jennifer Coolidge, Sonia Braga, Cheech Marin, D’Arcy Carden, Selena Tan, Desmin Borges, and Alex Mallari Jr.

This was the movie that was supposed to star Armie Hammer and... well...

It was also supposed to be a theatrical release and... well...

How many, if any, good movies has Jennifer Lopez made? I suppose you could argue "Selena" was pretty good. "The Boy Next Door" was awesome but not good, if you catch my drift. She's done other stuff I haven't hated but nothing good that I can think of?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tabe said:

How many, if any, good movies has Jennifer Lopez made? I suppose you could argue "Selena" was pretty good. "The Boy Next Door" was awesome but not good, if you catch my drift. She's done other stuff I haven't hated but nothing good that I can think of?

Out of Sight and The Cell immediately come to mind, even though I don't actually like The Cell.  

She's made some perfectly cromulent rom-coms but those aren't really my thing.

• Like 1

While I wouldn't call Anaconda good - it is hella fun

I can't comment directly on Hustlers because I have never seen it but I know some people speak fondly of it

On 10/4/2022 at 5:35 PM, RIPPA said:

While I wouldn't call Anaconda good - it is hella fun

I can't comment directly on Hustlers because I have never seen it but I know some people speak fondly of it

It was just okay for me. It felt like it never elevated above a certain level.

Causeway

DIRECTOR: Lila Neugebauer
CAST: Jennifer Lawrence, Brian Tyree Henry

Hits theaters and Apple on Nov 4

Has been getting lowkey awards buzz for Lawrence and Henry