DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 8

Dolfan in NYC

Vince Young, still still available, and familiar with the head coach.

I thought there were problems between Young and Fisher and that end up being their releases from Tennessee. Well, at least part of the reason for their release.
This is one of those "sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet" things.
  • Like 1

I thought there were problems between Young and Fisher and that end up being their releases from Tennessee. Well, at least part of the reason for their release.
There was the situation of no one being able to find Young for several hours one day during his time at Tennessee. It was believed that Young was suicidal and had went off to kill himself, and Fisher apparently had half of Nashville looking for the guy.Their relationship was always tenuous--Fisher didn't want to draft Young, Young felt that Fisher didn't give him a chance, VY was pretty lazy--they were both right. But the whole 'is he about to meet his maker?' drama pushed things over the edge. That, and Young supposedly throwing his shoulder pads into the stands in a fit of anger during one game.
Thank you for reminding me of the rest of the situation. I now remember the mess this was.
  • Like 1

This is one of those "sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet" things.
I should have known better to question your football knowledge. :D

Dear Carolina Panthers,

4 years, 9 months, and 26 days.

251 weeks and 4 days.

42,264 hours.

2,535,840 minutes.

152,150,400 seconds.

That is how long we have waited to be over .500 in the regular season...if we win on Thursday.  Don't screw this up.

Shadow

P.S.  Steve Smith is a crazy person.  But he's OUR crazy person and I love him accordingly.

• Like 2

Honestly I think Carolina walk all over Tampa Bay. After the Bucs failed to seriously threaten a Falcons team with their top 2 receivers and their running back out, I'm not convinced they are better than Jacksonville right now. At the very least they've entered that same sphere.

I'm pretty sure Vinnie is still around if anybody's looking for a QB.

What's Scott Mitchell up to?  Timmy Chang?  John Navarre?  Jason Gesser?  Kyle Boller?  Brad Johnson?

Excited to make my yearly trip to see the Packers on the road in Minnesota. Also excited to go to the infamous Mall of America. Packers are on a five game winning streak when I am in attendance and this better be the sixth one.

Don't jinx it. Also, it's a big ass mall.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Vinnie is still around if anybody's looking for a QB.

What's Scott Mitchell up to?  Timmy Chang?  John Navarre?  Jason Gesser?  Kyle Boller?  Brad Johnson?

According to wikipedia: Runs a software business. Graduate assistant at SMU. Works for ALRO Steel Milwaukee Branch. QB Coach at Wyoming. Retired. Teaches at some school in Georgia. As far as Vinny goes, he's a QB coach at some HS in Tampa.

Dear Carolina Panthers,

4 years, 9 months, and 26 days.

251 weeks and 4 days.

42,264 hours.

2,535,840 minutes.

152,150,400 seconds.

That is how long we have waited to be over .500 in the regular season...if we win on Thursday.  Don't screw this up.

This misery is still all John Kasey's fault.

Also...

Ron "We're gonna run it down your fucking throat on 4th and 1 because we can" Rivera has completely won me over.

Maybe the Glazers really want Teddy and figure Schiano is their best shot.

Or maybe they're committed to him.

After Monday, I realize it's ludicrous to talk up Freeman but he is a young guy who showed flashes of competency at times. Maybe there is stuff we don't know but you don't jettison him on the word of a DOA Head Coach unless you have some faith left in that coach. I think.

Then again the Broncos tore their team apart on the whim of an idiot coach so anything is possible.

Maybe the Glazers really want Teddy and figure Schiano is their best shot.Or maybe they're committed to him.After Monday, I realize it's ludicrous to talk up Freeman but he is a young guy who showed flashes of competency at times. Maybe there is stuff we don't know but you don't jettison him on the word of a DOA Head Coach unless you have some faith left in that coach. I think.Then again the Broncos tore their team apart on the whim of an idiot coach so anything is possible.

Just don't fire him until after Buffalo can benefit from this situation for a cheap win please. . . .

The Schiano reign of ineptitude won't be complete until they get the number one pick, pass on Teddy because 'Glennon is a Schiano man', and draft Clowney. Clowney holds out and when he does practice, he complains he has a sore hamstring and requests the next three days off. Schiano is fired for choking Clowney.

• Like 2

Okay, what asshole/moron kicks a field goal down 31-13? Be a man and go for it, as its not like your going to win anyway. . . .

He is probably a fan of the guy that would put a Panthers vs Bucs game in primetime. I thought they canned the guy who gave the OK for putting the Seahawks/Rams on MNF a few years ago.

Okay, what asshole/moron kicks a field goal down 31-13? Be a man and go for it, as its not like your going to win anyway. . . .

He is probably a fan of the guy that would put a Panthers vs Bucs game in primetime. I thought they canned the guy who gave the OK for putting the Seahawks/Rams on MNF a few years ago.

Well on Thursday nights - it's the NFL's fault since every team has to play on Thursday night so we get treated to the Bucs

There are still Washington/Minnesota and Houston/Jacksonville matchups to be played

What's sadder is that the Bucs are HOSTING a MNF game in a couple of weeks.