DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 8

Dolfan in NYC

Why are the talking heads so stupid all the time? Every NFL season is the same thing.  Everyone changes so drastically week to week.  This week a team looks great and they're the dark horse to go to the super bowl, next week they lose and there's no chance in hell they make the playoffs and it's onto talking about the new flavor of the week.  I was listening to the radio a while ago and they were talking up Cam Newton something fierce.  You'd think the guy was John Elway.  Just this past week they were talking about how inaccurate of a passer he is and all of his shortcomings and now he's pro bowl caliber.  They played the Bucs for crying out loud.  I just wish they'd slow the fuck down sometimes and look at the big picture. 

Why are the talking heads so stupid all the time? Every NFL season is the same thing.  Everyone changes so drastically week to week.  This week a team looks great and they're the dark horse to go to the super bowl, next week they lose and there's no chance in hell they make the playoffs and it's onto talking about the new flavor of the week.  I was listening to the radio a while ago and they were talking up Cam Newton something fierce.  You'd think the guy was John Elway.  Just this past week they were talking about how inaccurate of a passer he is and all of his shortcomings and now he's pro bowl caliber.  They played the Bucs for crying out loud.  I just wish they'd slow the fuck down sometimes and look at the big picture. 

Welcome to the 24 hour TV cycle, everything is like that regardless of the topic matter. It's not going to change any time soon.

This week's Raiders-Steelers game will be interesting because I'm sure Terrelle Pryor will be pumped up to have a monster game against the Steelers what with them being his hometown team. He was a Pittsburgh high school sports legend, winning state player of the year twice and leading his school to state championships in both football and basketball. He'd be fun to root for if he also wasn't such a legendary prick: He's literally the the real life Voodoo Tatum.*

*Yes, I like to compare NFL players to characters from Friday Night Lights. Andrew Luck is totally Jason Street if Street never got paralyzed. Russell Wilson = Vince Howard. And Riggins has to be Rob Gronkowski.   

This week's Raiders-Steelers game will be interesting because I'm sure Terrelle Pryor will be pumped up to have a monster game against the Steelers what with them being his hometown team. He was a Pittsburgh high school sports legend, winning state player of the year twice and leading his school to state championships in both football and basketball. He'd be fun to root for if he also wasn't such a legendary prick: He's literally the the real life Voodoo Tatum.**Yes, I like to compare NFL players to characters from Friday Night Lights. Andrew Luck is totally Jason Street if Street never got paralyzed. Russell Wilson = Vince Howard. And Riggins has to be Rob Gronkowski.

But lets also gloss over the fact that his home town team told him the would draft him and he told them hell no.