DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

32 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Wonder what was the final breaking point?  I mean it seemed like that they wouldn't release him until the last minute of his contract

Meltzer said a few weeks ago that there are some who have been arguing behind the scenes to just let guys go if they ask for their release. (In upper management I should say)

So it could be someone finally getting Vince to relent.

But I would also say that it only applies to these two and the next one who asks will be told to go fuck themselves

I'm pretty sure that, at least for a little while, anybody could go to AEW with a "we got held back fuck those guys" attitude and speech and the crowd would be happy to have them. 

I mean, AEW crowds seem to cheer almost anything, face or heel, chanting We The People for fucking Hager, etc.

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 2

The crowd will, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a TV audience.

The Ascension are probably a good fit for NWA - Latimer used to be in The Ascension lest we forget so there's an interesting dynamic there.

Konnor's a big dude, but he never really seemed to get good, from what I can tell. But I really don't think they can be seriously pushed on TV as a team.

• Like 2

Harper tearing it up in Japan would be very welcome, provided that his body is up to the task. Otherwise there is a prime slot in AEW for him to fill.

Agree that NWA is the best place for Ascension. Just please don’t have them be yet ANOTHER dark and spooky act on AEW.

Hunico is now free to hook up with his buddy Camacho again in New Japan.

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

What are Brodie Lee's golden bouts?  I've never seen him before but I get the impression he's about to become a big hoss player in AEW.  

Check out his feud from Chikara with Claudio Castagnoli.

• Thanks 1