DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

23 hours ago, Technico Support said:

TJP is doing an AMA on reddit and holy shit, this sounds soul-crushing.  I wonder how true it is vs. just his experience or maybe some exaggeration here.  I can't imagine having every ounce of creativity taken away. 

We've seen the other extreme and it leads to cutters, apron spots and dives every match.

There's a middle ground sweet spot where the wrestlers are given room to perform without there being no structure where your opening act is trying to scoop your main event.

• Like 2

WWE filed trademarks for

Fully Loaded
Living Dangerously
Heat Wave
Anarchy Rulz
World War 3
Chi-Town Rumble
Sin
Souled Out
New Blood Rising
Hog Wild
Capital Combat
Road Wild
Greed
Uncensored
Spring Stampede
The Day Of
Mayhem
Beach Blast
Massacre on 34th Street
Hardcore Heaven
Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat

• Haha 4

That's a lot of ECW right there. Wouldn't it be funny if, to counter the perception that NXT is the inferior third brand, they added a fourth brand?

19 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Knowing WWE, they'll bring back Beach Blast and make every match a thirty-minute Iron Man match. 

Then make it a Network exclusive that's actually just a one hour highlights package. 

• Haha 2

Also, on Backstage last night when they were talking about AJ/Finn from TLC 2 years ago and how they did the match on the fly.

Punk mentioned that because of weather / travel issues at a house show years ago - there were just him, Chavo, MVP, Undertaker and Ricky Steamboat at the arena. He said that he and Chavo went 2/3 falls for 55 minutes when they were feuding over the ECW title.

Anyone have a date for that? 

edit: n/m it was March 15, 2008

Edited by ChesterCopperpot

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

WWE filed trademarks for

New Blood Rising

How in the blue hell does anyone think there is any equity in that abomination. I know it’s just WWE’s carpet bomb approach to IP hoarding, but why would you even bother?

To do another ‘Canadian rules’ match or call back to when your biggest star walked out of a match in a ‘shoot bro’? 

• Like 1

I don't know. New Blood/New Blood Rising are the type of things where in the hands of someone who was not an idiot, you can get some equity out of the name/names.

Heck, Russo himself eventually diluted the same angle down to NWA vs. SEX and Main Event Mafia vs. The Frontline, and both were two of TNA's finest hours. 

5 hours ago, piranesi said:

I'm hearing rumors that they let their trademark on The Blu Brothers lapse.  Bad move in my opinion.

I always thought that the Blu Brothers, Jacob and Eli were supposed to be two guys doing a Blues Brothers gimmick.