DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Crazy Like a FOX - 10/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I understand why people are mad but seriously what the fuck made you think that Kofi vs Brock was going to be anything different. Either people are very naive, have terrible memories, or is just not very smart. 

I mean is losing in 1 minute really any better than losing in 5 seconds.    

1 minute ago, The Green Meanie said:

It's a rhetorical question in this case. Why should an average wrestling fan care about a dumpy MMA person?

Because FOX is trying to draw in the non-wrestling fan audience.  Not saying it's going to work, but if I'm a non-fan curious about all this Smackdown hype, I'm sure gonna know who Cain is over probably 80% of the other people on the show tonight.

• Like 2

Loved the new presentation. Loved that the Kevin Dunnisms are seemingly a thing of the past. Loved the two-man booth, and Corey being less JBL and more NXT Graves. The new set is stunning. For those things alone it's a big thumbs up. Wasn't expecting much as far as creative, so I was pleasantly surprised to see Cain in there. Kofi had a good run, but it was time. Oh and Tyson Fury was made for pro-wrestling. 

• Like 3

Just now, hammerva said:

I understand why people are mad but seriously what the fuck made you think that Kofi vs Brock was going to be anything different. Either people are very naive, have terrible memories, or is just not very smart. 

I mean is losing in 1 minute really any better than losing in 5 seconds.    

Potentially yes, you could do something in 60-90 seconds which would have protected Kofi. Him going for broke is understandable, him just feeding Brock a F5 makes him look like a moron.

• Like 1

I demand he surprise Brock by only doing lucha moves whenever they first wrestle. It better be in a tag with Rey otherwise Cain is going to get majorly exposed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I keep stupidly hoping we’ve moved past Brock. Naive is the right word. At this point, I can’t help but laugh. 

We’re gonna get Seth vs Brock again at Survivor Series, aren’t we? 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I keep stupidly hoping we’ve moved past Brock. Naive is the right word. At this point, I can’t help but laugh. 

We’re gonna get Seth vs Brock again at Survivor Series, aren’t we? 

It'll be Fiend by then. Has to be. They've invested too much time into Bray's new thing to not pay it off. Rollins isn't drawing and I doubt Vince will want Smackdown to completely overshadow Raw...

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

I demand he surprise Brock by only doing lucha moves whenever they first wrestle. It better be in a tag with Rey otherwise Cain is going to get majorly exposed.

This is what I want to see.  But again if Vince is turned off by the idea of Luke Harper doing Chikara shit great there is no way he wants an MMA heavyweight doing it. 

I eagerly await the Cain "former MMA guy" moveset of cross armbreaker/rear naked choke/ankle lock/double leg takedown/belly to belly suplex. Maybe a spear too, and probably a rana since he already did one. 

It amuses me that a guy with a BROWN PRIDE tattoo ended up the headliner of the first Fox show.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, just drew said:

It'll be Fiend by then. Has to be. They've invested too much time into Bray's new thing to not pay it off. Rollins isn't drawing and I doubt Vince will want Smackdown to completely overshadow Raw...

Doesn’t matter how much they’ve invested in the Fiend. Brock’s going to eat him.

How many billions are they paying for this shit? 

11 minutes ago, piranesi said:

If they had just pretended that was Dominic like new Becky on Roseanne I would have been so into this.

Stem cell treatments really helped Dominic recover from that beating on Monday.

Tonight is a tremendous night for being mad about the WWE online.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

It amuses me that a guy with a BROWN POWER tattoo ended up the headliner of the first Fox show.

I am just picturing a meeting between Vince and the FOX execs where it is like "OKAY PAL IF YOU LET US PUT THE MEXICAN IN THE MAIN WE WILL PROMOTE TYRUS"

Who I thought was fired from Fox Nation because he was being all rapey to the women over there in text messages.