DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Crazy Like a FOX - 10/4/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Today's the debut of SD Live on Fox.  Here's what's on tap:

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Brock Lesnar vs. Kofi Kingston (c)

LOSER LEAVES TOWN LADDER MATCH - Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon

Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan

Charlotte Flair/Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks/Bayley

The return of The Rock

-- 

Oh, and hey, there's a PPV on Sunday that's BADLY undersold.  They may actually announce another match!  

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm so wrestlinged out this week that I honestly forgot this premieres tonight. 

I forgot too.  With it being on Fox I'm sure it'll still do good ratings.  But if I'm doing stuff on Fridays this may end up being something I watch Saturday mornings.  Thank goodness for DVR.

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I forgot too.  With it being on Fox I'm sure it'll still do good ratings.  But if I'm doing stuff on Fridays this may end up being something I watch Saturday mornings.  Thank goodness for DVR.

Yeah...If my wife gets out of work early (lol probably not because she's a nurse) then I'm doing stuff with her. Hell, even if I have the house to myself, I'll probably wind up forgetting again and falling asleep or playing Borderlands. It's DVR'd anyway.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No way I see this Live but I'm interested in it. I have the DVR set.  I want to see what the set looks like and how they use camera angles etc.   There's a couple matches that interest me.   Friday night is a tough sell. 

Yeah, that's the problem I see going forward and that's always been the problem with a lot of different shows. How Fringe lasted on Fridays on Fox for a couple years is beyond me, but I assume that was just them being nice and letting them finish their story. Fridays are always busy. It's the start of the weekend, it's a date night, if it's not that then it's the day people catch up on other stuff after a long work week, it's time with your kids if you have them, and so on.

• Like 1

Still feels weird that they have been so overly focused on tonight's show they haven't really much to build the ppv outside of 3 matches.

Looking forward to the 4HW tag.

Kofi/Lesnar does little for me outside me worry.

Roman/Rowan should be good though i would have preferred Roman/Harper or Bryan/Rowan if only for something a bit more fresh.

Welp, on the one hand, tough way for Kofi to go out. On the other, he got a better reign than Eddie, Rey, Benoit, or D-Bry, so it's hard to be too upset. I wonder if Velazquez costs Lesnar the return match, or maybe Smackdown is going to be the "legit sports" show and Raw is going to be the "sports entertainment" show...

• Like 1

I kinda wish this was the show that AEW would have killed in the ratings.

Roman, Rowan, Braun, Becky, Bray, Brock.  Those are the stars.  EVERYBODY else looked like a fucking loser.  Especially that lumberjack match. Rowan singlehandedly beating up War Machine?  Get out of here with that shit.

EDIT:  Forgot to add Charlotte.

Edited by sydneybrown
  • Like 1

I tuned in for the first time in months for this show. That main event reminded me why I hate WWE and it soured me on wrestling. I recorded AEW, i can watch anything else. I guess I'm done. My wife asked why I watch if I haven't been able to enjoy it since Wrestlemania. I don't know.

I miss watching Smackdown with my dad in 02-03. It was fun. WWE has lost me. Any other sports league is more interesting to me at this point. It's frustrating to me, I used to enjoy this. Now, nothing. 

I guess I'll try AEW for now, I can't enjoy WWE anymore. 

• Like 2