DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

37 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Who is Sarah Logan and why does she have a Sheila the She Wolf cosplay gimmick?

She is married to one of the War/Viking Raiders and has the same type of fondness for the Viking stuff. 

• Thanks 1

I've gotta give it to Punk, hes on the money with that one. I haven't watched a main roster WWE show start to finish in months and I'm way happier for it. They get my 10 bucks for NXT Takeovers and old Nitros, and Im big on the 2k games, but that's the extent of my WWE fandom these days. Also, I might buy those Bret Hart basketball shorts I keep getting an ad for everywhere. But beyond that, I have zero reason to watch or support the main WWE product at this time. It's embarrassing garbage. I used to be pretty chill about not criticising people's tastes, but once I felt myself getting to the point of "Fuck you if you watch this" I knew it was time for another break. Hadn't had a real serious one since post-Benoit and I think it'll be good. 

• Like 4

I'm amused at how most people replying to Punk are talking about why they watch shitty wrestling, and the other half are talking about wanting to quit (or having already quit) their shitty jobs. 

4 minutes ago, nate said:

I'm amused at how most people replying to Punk are talking about why they watch shitty wrestling, and the other half are talking about wanting to quit (or having already quit) their shitty jobs. 

It looked like it was split into 1/3s. The first 2/3s were what you mentioned, the other 1/3 was about movies and TV.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Who is Sarah Logan and why does she have a Sheila the She Wolf cosplay gimmick?

She does Viking Re-emactment as a hobby, not quite SCA level stuff due to the fact it is very singularly focused on Viking culture.

James

I have no issue with Logan incorporating her real life interests into her gimmick, but man what a weird group the Riott Squad is: a punk rocker, a Harley Quinn takeoff, and a viking? I think they're all really great (again I quit watching the main shows, but last I saw Liv especially really improved) but its almost like filling in a mad lib or something. 

6 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I have no issue with Logan incorporating her real life interests into her gimmick, but man what a weird group the Riott Squad is: a punk rocker, a Harley Quinn takeoff, and a viking? I think they're all really great (again I quit watching the main shows, but last I saw Liv especially really improved) but its almost like filling in a mad lib or something. 

That's if you believe Vince has seen Suicide Squad.

Edited by nofuture
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

The price of groceries in USA was shocking even to me as a Brit. Soda and six packs are cheaper, after that....you peeps are getting the Joan Collins special and no mistake.

I thought fruit and stuff was much higher in the UK.

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I have no issue with Logan incorporating her real life interests into her gimmick, but man what a weird group the Riott Squad is: a punk rocker, a Harley Quinn takeoff, and a viking?

Well, to be fair, some of their gimmicks have drifted. When they started they were a punk rocker, a cheerleader, and a hillbilly.

WHICH MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

because he has a lot of free time

In between getting his head punched in, to the point he looks like Sloth from "Goonies".

PUNK LOVE CHUNK!!!

37 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I think I've seen that movie advertised on hotel PPV.

I think I've seen part of that movie, but didn't make it all the way through. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

The price of groceries in USA was shocking even to me as a Brit. Soda and six packs are cheaper, after that....you peeps are getting the Joan Collins special and no mistake.

You didn't shop in Texas, did you? Last time I was there (which, to be fair, was about a decade ago), I could still take twenty bucks into an H-E-B and end up with a shocking amount of food. 

Of course, when I went shopping in London, I was thrilled that most things were under two pounds, until I remembered to add about 60% to that price based on conversion to USD. Tesco prices are basically the same as prices at a typical Trader Joe's. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly