DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

37 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What are you talking about? Sasha and her husband and whoever else was quoted,  Bayley, etc.  came out and said all that shit wasn't true because unless there is something out there that shows otherwise..  it wasn't true?  

How is that the same as coming out and yelling at people on Twitter and shaming websites/wrestling "journalists" about how she isn't injured and then they reveal,  oh.. by the way she was injured this whole time, you had it right. 

You go above and beyond to belittle anyone criticizing Sasha for anything, but don't pay the same accommodation toward Alexa.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

You go above and beyond to belittle anyone criticizing Sasha for anything, but don't pay the same accommodation toward Alexa.

If her rants, if she has rants or anyone else involved in the situation were proven to be false/lies then the situations would be similar. I asked you how the situation is the same and you provided no answer nor did any of the usual suspects who are liking your posts.  ?

Who brought up Sasha anyway, not me.  I haven't said a word about that situation in weeks. Is Whataboutism all that remains in this world? 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
'Stan life'

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If her rants, if she has rants or anyone else involved in the situation were proven to be false/lies then the situations would be similar. I asked you how the situation is the same and you provided no answer nor did any of the usual suspects who are liking your posts.  ?

That you laugh at anyone whose opinion differs from yours makes it hard to talk with you.

Both women have had their health speculated about in the wrestling rags, when no one fully knew what was happening. It's one thing to offer an opinion, but that's all it should be presented as. And we know most 'journalists' don't do that.

As @AxB noted, it may have been a case of WWE/Alexa trying to initially keep quiet because in 2019 saying 'concussion' means many will start counting the days to your retirement.

That you're not willing to show more sympathy toward Alexa when you have been aggressive toward anyone who made remarks about Sasha supposedly being injury-prone is the problem I have with this.

• Like 1

Promos I used to be able to recite were the Shane Douglas promo where he trashes the NWA title "and they...can all...kiss my ASS" and Punk's WWE Pipe Bomb promo.

I used to remember Jericho's from his debut too.

Those memories have faded though.

7 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

That you laugh at anyone whose opinion differs from yours makes it hard to talk with you.

Both women have had their health speculated about in the wrestling rags, when no one fully knew what was happening. It's one thing to offer an opinion, but that's all it should be presented as. And we know most 'journalists' don't do that.

As @AxB noted, it may have been a case of WWE/Alexa trying to initially keep quiet because in 2019 saying 'concussion' means many will start counting the days to your retirement.

That you're not willing to show more sympathy toward Alexa when you have been aggressive toward anyone who made remarks about Sasha supposedly being injury-prone is the problem I have with this.

Yes,  both women have had their health speculated about.  I'm with you so far.   Yes, some wrestling "journalists" are scum,  I'm still with you.  Yes,  WWE probably wanted to avoid saying concussion.  I'm still with you.  

Okay, here is where we differ. Alexa vehemently denied that she was injured at all and dragged people in her comments and dragged "journalists" who some might be scum, some might not be. Now it's revealed that she was in fact injured the whole time.  It was pretty obvious that she was injured anyway because she wasn't wrestling and she wasn't taking bumps.  

If you saw me say to people that Sasha isn't injury prone,  that is indeed true.  She had a concussion from being kicked in the head by a referee and she didn't miss much time and then there was the back injury when she lost the title to Charlotte around SummerSlam and they thought it was an injury but it ended up being nothing and she was back wrestling the following week.   A lot of people here wanted to discuss Sasha's "recklessness" and tried to paint the picture that she has been injuring herself and that wasn't the case. I don't see where I've been hypocritical,   if it's revealed that all the shit that some wrestling news people were saying around Mania is true and Sasha and her people said it's not,  then she too would have been lying. 

14 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Jack Evans did the Drunken Master thing at BOLA 2015 against Angelico and it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen in 30 plus years of being a pro wrestling fan.

Fucking @Robert put something in that beer.

Jack still owes me $8.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There was a guy in Onita Pro back around the turn of the century who did a Drunken Master gimmick  -- I think his name might've been Jackie Lin or something along those lines --  and I always wondered when someone would do it "in United States" ( ™ and ® Dave Meltzer). 

So the reason Vince booked matches with 2 out of 3 falls stipulations, and weird restart situations this past week is because they don’t want matches going on between commercial breaks. 

Why not produce a better show?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

26 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So the reason Vince booked matches with 2 out of 3 falls stipulations, and weird restart situations this past week is because they don’t want matches going on between commercial breaks. 

Why not produce a better show?

Things LoneWolf hates:

- Posts by Dolfan

- Going back one page to read unread posts

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Didn't see this posted, but WON is saying that the reason there were so many 2 out of 3 falls stips this week is because of the newest Vince edict that there will be no more wrestling during commercial breaks. 

Sure. 

I guess this explains why when I was at RAW, people would suddenly leave the ring and cut a promo in the middle of matches. Baron Corbin actually cut a pretty good one after their team lost the first fall. 

2 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Baron Corbin actually cut a pretty good one after their team lost the first fall. 

He's been great on the mic when he isn't scripted - he was one of the standouts on Talking Smack. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AxB said:

If Alexa said nothing, it would be like when Saido Berahino was not getting games for West Brom. He kept working out in public gyms and running on public streets to let the fans know he wasn't injured. But then a reporter asked him why he wasn't playing when he was clearly fit, and he said he didn't know and it was terribly unfair on everyone. So the manager went public and said he wasn't playing because he was suspended for drug test failures, and they'd been keeping it quiet as a favour to him.

Besides which, the thing with head injuries is, you can't think straight when you've got them. Why did Bret keep working with multiple concussions? Because his ability to make wise decisions was compromised by damage to his brain, and because nobody was looking out for him.

There are a lot of American people here, but at least one person appreciates you drawing a parallel between Alexa Bliss and Saido Berahino. Good work.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Promos I used to be able to recite were the Shane Douglas promo where he trashes the NWA title "and they...can all...kiss my ASS" and Punk's WWE Pipe Bomb promo.

I used to remember Jericho's from his debut too.

Those memories have faded though.

I used to have Jericho’s debut memorized as well, but now he basically gives that same spiel whenever he talks about WWE on his podcast. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

There are a lot of American people here, but at least one person appreciates you drawing a parallel between Alexa Bliss and Saido Berahino. Good work.

Hopefully, Alexa gets a goal more often. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/22/2019 at 10:17 AM, AxB said:

But that got me thinking, that's Sun Tzu business. And there's never been a guy in wrestling who did an "I like Sun Tzu" gimmick. I've known a few in real life and on the internet and that, but no wrestler has been an Art of War acolyte on screen (backstage, quite possibly). So, what are other real life gimmicks that wrestling has never done, and probably should.

Reminds me of 2011 TNA had Abyss carrying around a copy of the Art of War/quoting it in promos and looking for inspiration from it during some matches.

3 hours ago, SturmCRF said:

Hey, as an American who listened to Barry Glendenning remind me almost weekly about Berahino's profligacy in front of goal for almost two years, give us a bit more credit!

Well, some of us.

A few of us.

Hell, just give me more credit. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Reminds me of 2011 TNA had Abyss carrying around a copy of the Art of War/quoting it in promos and looking for inspiration from it during some matches.

All I recall was Shannon Moore carrying around his "Book of DILLIGAF".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yes,  both women have had their health speculated about.  I'm with you so far.   Yes, some wrestling "journalists" are scum,  I'm still with you.  Yes,  WWE probably wanted to avoid saying concussion.  I'm still with you.  

Okay, here is where we differ. Alexa vehemently denied that she was injured at all and dragged people in her comments and dragged "journalists" who some might be scum, some might not be. Now it's revealed that she was in fact injured the whole time.  It was pretty obvious that she was injured anyway because she wasn't wrestling and she wasn't taking bumps.  

The heat Sasha has with Alexa is based off the fact that Alexa wasn't as knowledgeable about the business as she pretended to be and she didn't grow up a true fan like Sasha was but I loving the fact that she's saying the Sheets don't know what they are talking about and denying injury reports. That's old school mentality and that's endeering to me personally but I don't think that old school thought process of hiding your injuries is completely gone. Especially if you have a high enough position on the card. These that repution of being injury prone and that's something easy to get in this social media era. It's not like late WCW when guys were eager to let people know about the most minor injuries just so that wouldn't have to go out and work a match. Even recently you hear about WWE keeping certain guys injuries a secret.

And I a huge Sasha mark but she gets too overzealous in the ring. She needs to slow down a few notches at times, she has the right attitude about wanting to kill it out there but see gets too anxious. She kinda reminds me of Ahmed Johnson before he just couldn't he realised Vince gave on him. Yeah, he was hurting people but I think it was because he was too overzealous, he was doing dives and things he did just because knew he was able to do and he felt it would get him over. He got hurt alot doing alot of that stuff. Imagine the stuff Sasha would try to pull off if she worked outside of WWE where she'd be alot less micromanaged it probably wouldn't be safe for her at the pace she works now.