DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION - Thread 2

35 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

All those wrestlers, all that tv time and still Raw is a chore.

I think WWE has reached peak hubris.

WWE is the blandest, tasteless, and most popular fast food restaurant.

NXT is WWE’s Bacon Egg Cheese & Biscuit meal AKA the only good thing on the menu.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, nate said:

I'm surprised that NXT Japan hasn't become a thing yet.

It's been brought up on here before, but the gist of it was that it seemed unlikely Japanese wrestlers would jump ship to a WWE backed Japanese promotion because they are, by and large very loyal to their home promotion. When Japanese wrestlers do jump to WWE, it's usually a case of it being a dream of theirs and having accomplished all they can, like the case of Kushida.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If I were a ballplayer in the US or Japan, I'd want to use Ryusuke Taguchi's theme as my walk up music.

That or the classic Bullet Club theme, of course.

and Japanese baseball does look like a lot of fun

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If I were a ballplayer in the US or Japan, I want to use Ryusuke Taguchi's theme as my walk up music.

That or the classic Bullet Club theme, of course.

Minoru Suzuki Kaze Ni Nare for me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

http://www.solie.org/wcw97.txt

By December 1997, they were at "only" 99. I feel like this might've been the peak of it, maybe 1998 but in any case, I'm honestly kind of flabbergasted. I honestly didn't realize how truly, truly massive WWE's roster is. There were some NXT and UK guys I didn't even know about, and I like to think I'm pretty savvy. Plus, this guys list doesn't even take into account the guys and gals at the PC.

6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm almost positive that Solie list of WCW's roster is missing a lot of names.

at a quick glance, i notice Barry Darsow is listed twice.
Here's some wrestlers that wrestled on Nitro and/or Saturday Night in December of '97 that aren't on the list:
Prince Iaukea
Disco Inferno
Glacier
Villano IV
Hardbody Harrison
Disorderly Conduct (Mean Mike & Tough Tom)
Ciclope
Tokyo Magnum

there's also a bunch of jobbers on the weekend syndicated shows, but it's hard to say who was under contract. i think it's safe to say there were probably lots of guys out for one reason or another, so the list is nowhere near comprehensive.

EDIT:
nWo members not on the list:
nWo Sting
Disciple/Ed Leslie
Rick Rude (not a wrestler, but....)

Raven's Flock members not on the list:
Ron Reis
Horace Hogan

Edited by twiztor
thought of more
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like El Phantasmo's theme a lot with the nod to "Shot 'Em" in the beginning.

That monstrosity is a nise version of his ECCW theme:

Which is so good. They would pump it so loud at the Commodore in particular that you could feel it shake your entire being.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

I should like the heavier one more but I actually prefer the old one. More cursing and a Misfits skull, I guess.

EDIT: Oh, and anybody not wanting to come out on the field to "Sunrise" over anything else is crazy

EDIT II: Awww you know I have to

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

WWE is the blandest, tasteless, and most popular fast food restaurant.

NXT is WWE’s Bacon Egg Cheese & Biscuit meal AKA the only good thing on the menu.

To be fair 205 Live and NXT UK are really good options also.  So I would consider them slight variations of the BE&C biscuit.  And I'm a Sausage Egg Cheese McGriddle guy myself.

As for walkout music if I was a relief pitcher I'd use The Rockers theme 'cause why not.  If I was a batter I like Eddie's choice of Taguchi's theme.

EDIT:  I can say a lot of things about the Lars injury.  But I'll show restraint and hope in that 6-9 months out he gets the help he needs so he isn't a piece of shit going forward.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

If I were a reliever or closer, I'd come out to Stone Cold's music every time complete with head shake and shit talking the whole way from the bullpen to the mound. Once you hear the glass, it means your ass.

• Haha 2

On 6/18/2019 at 5:42 PM, RIPPA said:

I was gonna post this in the NXT thread but it is interesting enough for here.

KUSHIDA has posted a couple of these since joining NXT and it is a interesting look at someone trying to adapt to over here

I'd imagine any foreign wrestler who comes here is shocked at how much their home foods cost. Think of the Mexican wrestlers having to pay $14 for 3 street tacos for instance...

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

From the new WON

WWE believes Lars Sullivan will be out six to nine months due to his knee injury

Dude's going to be on 24/7 Title duty until his contract expires.