DVDVR Message Board

Stomping Grounds - Tacoma, WA - 6/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

After the KSA show, what better way to get back into the swing of things than a PPV in the Seattle area that sounds like a hipster way to prepare coffee?

This is the card so far: 

FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP (with Special Guest Referee - ?) - Seth Rollins (c) vs. Baron Corbin

STEEL CAGE MATCH FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP: Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Kevin Owens  Dolph Ziggler

FOR THE RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lacey Evans

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss

FOR THE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - Samoa Joe (c) vs. Ricochet

FOR THE SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The New Daniel Bryan & Rowan (c) vs. Heavy Machinery

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Tony Nese (c) vs. Drew Gulak vs. Akira Tozawa

Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre

The New Day (Big E/Woods) vs. Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

It's going to be really weird with them running a show in Seattle and not having Daniel Bryan as a face and maybe not even on the main card.

They just need to embrace it like they used to with the Harts in Canada.  Bring Cassius Ohno up for a one shot, have him wear Ok City colors let the crowd go nuts in bizarro land for a show.  

On 6/8/2019 at 1:58 AM, Craig H said:

It's going to be really weird with them running a show in Seattle and not having Daniel Bryan as a face and maybe not even on the main card.

Saying a show in Tacoma is in Seattle is like me saying that the Nationals play in Baltimore

Just now, RIPPA said:

Saying a show in Tacoma is in Seattle is like me saying that the Nationals play in Baltimore

This is what I get for reading Dolfan's posts and ignoring others.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You share the same airport, you're the same area.  

Baltimore is basically a suburb of DC. 

Fight me. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You share the same airport, you're the same area.  

Baltimore is basically a suburb of DC. 

Fight me. 

The Nats should hire you to get their TV money out of the Orioles

And by your logic - that means Newark is the same as NYC. Do you really want to be considered from Jersey?

• Like 1

Just now, RIPPA said:

The Nats should hire you to get their TV money out of the Orioles

And by your logic - that means Newark is the same as NYC. Do you really want to be considered from Jersey?

No, but Jersey *DEFINITELY* wants to be considered as New Yorkers.   

(until you cross that weird Taylor/Pork Roll line, then they're "from Philly")

1.There's nothing wrong with being from New Jersey. Only North Jersey wants to be considered New York. The hipsters that now live in cities like Hoboken; Jersey City; and Secaucus, but commute to NYC for work want to be New Yorkers.

2. I'm in central Jersey. It's pork roll. 

WWE Stomping Grounds...I got nothing.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Time to put up Undertaker vs HHH III 

I’m half expecting something last minute getting pulled from their asses for this one tonight. Maybe the early debut of the new Bray Wyatt. Who, I’ll say this again (because the company looks like they are getting cold feet about Lars), should be fed Lars on his debut. Bray’s character is the most over act in the company(that isn’t Brock Lesnar). I would totally sacrifice a character, and wrestler I don’t trust for a sure thing like Fire Fly Funhouse Bray.

• Like 2

So they replaced a Kofi vs Kevin Owens that was done at the last US main show with a Kofi vs Dolph Ziggler match that was done in the last main show?  

At this rate I am waiting to see Lars booked against the Lucha House Party again

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I was pretty old when I learned that "Newark" wasn't just "New York" pronounced sloppily.

• Haha 1