DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2019 WRESTLING TALK.

Sometimes Meltzer doesn't think before he says certain things but I don't think he doesn't believe Roman  was sick, but questioning the level of Romans cancer definitely gives people a reason to shit on him more. He's well aware of this opinions influence narratives and I dont believe he'd want to spread the narrative of Roman not being sick

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I listened to the latest WOR and didn't hear anything outrageous. He spoke on Roman but I thought all the info was from the latest network doc that I haven't seen.

Roman clearly said that he was given oral chemotherapy to help get his type of leukemia, CML, back into remission. There are several 'cancer pills' on the market for patients to use. Roman didn't specify which one he takes. He talks about this in his Chronicle episode.

Meltzer's response was "He actually said the pill was oral chemotherapy, but it really--I don't think it was." 

He essentially questions Roman's own words about his treatment. He had done that repeatedly. Whether talking about supposed gaps in Roman's timeline from when he was first diagnosed with cancer or suggesting that WWE/Roman making it seem that Roman's condition was worse than it was. When neither party ever gave any indication how long Roman would be gone. Meltzer also talked about a NHL player having CML in 2007 yet not missing any games. As if to say Roman didn't need to miss any time from wrestling.

At the very least, Meltzer talks in a way to give the Roman Cancer Truthers ammunition to believe his illness is a work. At worst, he's flat out accusing Roman of lying about his health. No matter how you look at, Meltzer has been an asshole regarding the topic.

Edited by Burgundy LaRue
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not only is Nia a shit wrestler, but she writes like a teenager. If you're 34 and using u, ur, and 2 instead of to; then you're an asshole.

Most people use that on Twitter when they’re trying to stay under the character limit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Yeah, Meltzer pretty much went out of his way when all this happened a few months ago to clarify that it’s a real thing and not a storyline. So I don’t see how some people could actually draw the conclusion that he’s saying it’s all fake or whatever.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah, Meltzer pretty much went out of his way when all this happened a few months ago to clarify that it’s a real thing and not a storyline. So I don’t see how some people could actually draw the conclusion that he’s saying it’s all fake or whatever.

Because people can't wait to shit on Meltzer. 

Again, there's stuff to go after Dave for, like his weird and constant defense of Elgin.

This shit ain't it. 

Also, Nia is dumb. 

• Like 2

Meltzer has no idea how to express a clear thought. So while he may realize Roman's illness is real, he keeps babbling and that leaves room for those who are hell-bent on believing that Roman and WWE are lying. Hell, several folks here hem and haw over it in some measure. (or at least question WWE to the point it pours over toward Roman, however unintentional)

If a leukemia charity organization repeatedly tags you to explain how CML is treated, maybe allow the experts to lead the conversation.

Edited by Burgundy LaRue
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Meltzer has no idea how to express a clear thought. So while he may realize Roman's illness is real, he keeps babbling and that leaves room for those who are hell-bent on believing that Roman and WWE are lying. Hell, several folks here hem and haw over it in some measure. (or at least question WWE to the point it pours over toward Roman, however unintentional)

If a leukemia charity organization repeatedly tags you to explain how CML is treated, maybe allow the experts to lead the conversation.

That organization tagged Meltzer to get more traction and more reach on their tweet.

But yes, Meltzer isn't great at TALKING, but when he's able to organize his thoughts on paper, he's more coherent. I've seen plenty of people like that.

The guy defends Roman when people on Twitter say it’s fake/not as serious as they’re making it out to be. He apologizes and owns up to his mistake when a leading research organization points out to him that he’s wrong and lists why.

You can’t make everyone happy, but that goes double for Roman Reigns’ fans most of the time it seems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Meltzer also talked about a NHL player having CML in 2007 yet not missing any games. As if to say Roman didn't need to miss any time from wrestling.

I did not see it that way.  Dave talked too much about the details which wasn't necessary,  maybe the speculation about the movie stuff was off also but I did not think bringing up hockey players was to in any way minimize what Roman went through.  I saw it as "this disease can affect people differently" which it can.. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I did not see it that way.  Dave talked too much about the details which wasn't necessary,  maybe the speculation about the movie stuff was off also but I did not think bringing up hockey players was to in any way minimize what Roman went through.  I saw it as "this disease can affect people differently" which it can.. 

That's the point. He kept talking when he shouldn't for any number of reasons.

It's clear others see it differently and I don't want to be blamed for the thread closing early, so I'm dropping the conversation.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Doesn't matter if they do or not. Everyone deserves equal rights.

Honestly, to hell with the mainstream a large percentage of the time throughout history. Equality for all.

• Like 1

No one in this thread is arguing against trans rights, so I'm not really sure why you guys feel the need to keep planting the flagpole.

Fuck the mainstream, sure, but the conversation was literally "does the mainstream care about Ronda's views," so it's kind of relevant?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

As one of the board's resident trans people, I'd greatly appreciate if my civil rights not be used to debate whether or not you like a wrestler.

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not only is Nia a shit wrestler, but she writes like a teenager. If you're 34 and using u, ur, and 2 instead of to; then you're an asshole.

Unless your name is Prince, or you're doing a cover of a Prince song like Nothing Compares 2 U.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

so can we expect "International male appreciation day"any time soon?

That's every day. And the international male in question is Rusev.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1