Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

IMPACT is still around in 2019...

Recommended Posts

Cool, had no idea CWFH aired on TV on a random channel like that so I'll try to check it out. Looks similar to Pursuit, with outdoors type stuff mixed with old 50s/60s shows

Edited by DreamBroken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Cool, had no idea CWFH aired on TV on a random channel like that so I'll try to check it out. Looks similar to Pursuit, with outdoors type stuff mixed with old 50s/60s shows

THere is this weird beer show that usually airs before the Saturday night airing of CWFH. I catch the last few minutes of the beer show most weeks. 

I only learned CWFH aired on there cause another forum has  a thread with every fed that has tv,cable/satellite/streaming,in the US right now. With channels listed and stuff.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dish has a "you might like" list of shows when you look at a show's info and that showed up, which is the only reason I found it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 5:14 PM, DreamBroken said:

Cool, had no idea CWFH aired on TV on a random channel like that so I'll try to check it out. Looks similar to Pursuit, with outdoors type stuff mixed with old 50s/60s shows

That same channel airs 4 hours of MST3K on Saturday nights.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took way too long to realize what CWFH stood for and that it wasn't the CBC affiliate in Sault Ste. Marie.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AEW Stan explosion in 3... 2... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it does raise quite a few flags.  I mean you went from working on the hot new promotion in the first women's match  to mysteriously not being on any of the other shows to being gone for a while on social media to being back on the indies & IMPACT?     I mean it is clear there are a ton of steps from 2 and 3 that are definitely missing.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does, possibly flags that AEW doesn't want raised(hence why Tony let her walk so easily)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raziel said:

It does, possibly flags that AEW doesn't want raised(hence why Tony let her walk so easily)

I'm hoping it's due to it being an easier schedule on a show not many watch.  Would be a way to make yourself visible without the pressure of being the face of a big promotion.  And considering what I think may have happened it might be a good way to ease back into it.  But if it's something else that merits raising red flags then that shouldn't be ignored.  I personally hope the latter scenario isn't the case though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well it does raise quite a few flags.  I mean you went from working on the hot new promotion in the first women's match  to mysteriously not being on any of the other shows to being gone for a while on social media to being back on the indies & IMPACT?     I mean it is clear there are a ton of steps from 2 and 3 that are definitely missing.

 

There could be a simple and easy explanation to all of this, but I'd be lying if I said something didn't smell right here. There's something very sketchy about all of this.

but if there is a simple and easy explanation, why won't they just come out and say it? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheVileOne said:

There could be a simple and easy explanation to all of this, but I'd be lying if I said something didn't smell right here. There's something very sketchy about all of this.

but if there is a simple and easy explanation, why won't they just come out and say it? 

Considering what it may be they shouldn't be the ones saying anything about it.  It's up to her and if she wants to keep that quiet then so be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Considering what it may be they shouldn't be the ones saying anything about it.  It's up to her and if she wants to keep that quiet then so be it.

I know there have been rumors about it being her having mental health issues or anxiety, but I've seen no evidence of this. It's just pure speculation. It all just seems very weird. It sounds like there's a story here no one wants to get out.

Edited by TheVileOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I know there have been rumors about it being her having mental health issues or anxiety, but I've seen no evidence of this. It's just pure speculation. It all just seems very weird. It sounds like there's a story here no one wants to get out.

I understand that.  I think what helped reinforce it for me was after the intergender match she had with her boyfriend she was apparently sobbing and thanking everybody that was there (this according to Meltzer so take that FWIW)  It sure seemed like whatever she was coming back from messed her up pretty good.  I do feel at this point I've speculated too much so I might be best off holding off on bringing this up going forward.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You lads were so assiduous about talking around the issue and not saying what it actually was, I was starting to speculate that maybe Kylie Rae left AEW because she's a massive racist who doesn't want to work for an Asian-owned business where her two immediate superiors are black women (Awesome Kong being an agent for Women's matches as well as a wrestler you understand).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AxB said:

You lads were so assiduous about talking around the issue and not saying what it actually was, I was starting to speculate that maybe Kylie Rae left AEW because she's a massive racist who doesn't want to work for an Asian-owned business where her two immediate superiors are black women (Awesome Kong being an agent for Women's matches as well as a wrestler you understand).

That honestly never crossed my mind.  But hey, if there's proof of it then so be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AxB said:

You lads were so assiduous about talking around the issue and not saying what it actually was, I was starting to speculate that maybe Kylie Rae left AEW because she's a massive racist who doesn't want to work for an Asian-owned business where her two immediate superiors are black women (Awesome Kong being an agent for Women's matches as well as a wrestler you understand).

Yeah, that's probably not it, since she's dated a couple of different Hispanic wrestlers, and debuted for and trained in a black owned promotion with a roster that's probably at least 50% minorities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

That honestly never crossed my mind.  But hey, if there's proof of it then so be it.

Pure speculation. But someone was doing the "I don't want to say it, but if it is what I'm thinking, it's ugly and horrible and I hope it's not that", if you don't speak plainly and say "Someone in AEW's office might be a sexual creep" (or whatever else it is) you're thinking, that invites speculation.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, AxB said:

You lads were so assiduous about talking around the issue and not saying what it actually was, I was starting to speculate that maybe Kylie Rae left AEW because she's a massive racist who doesn't want to work for an Asian-owned business where her two immediate superiors are black women (Awesome Kong being an agent for Women's matches as well as a wrestler you understand).

That makes no sense though. If she was she wouldn’t have signed with the company at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UFC is a Jewish owned company that every Neo Nazi MMA fighter dreams of signing for. Having said that, I wish I hadn't brought it up and we should probably drop it now. Pointless debating an opinion nobody actually held at any time.

Enjoying wrestling in front of 500 people and enjoying wrestling in front of 12000 are two different things, and not everyone who loves the first is cut out for the second. Hopefully everyone is doing well. Impact is still alive in 2019 thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the problem was mental health or anxiety then why the hell people kept it all hush hush?  I understand that maybe you don't want to say it because it is personal information, but by being silent they opened up doors for various crazy rumours that now won't go away.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All we can do is assume the worst of everybody involved, clearly. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just going to assume that everyone is staying silent to protect Pharaoh. I know everyone assumes that he's a good boy, but what do we really know about him?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm just going to assume that everyone is staying silent to protect Pharaoh. I know everyone assumes that he's a good boy, but what do we really know about him?

Currently plotting his revenge against all parties involved with dragging him to ringside while they shot off fireworks. The most justified heel turn since Bret Hart told the American fans to stick it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...