DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Some backstory on the Graves/CM Punk thing.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-corey-graves-explains-his-cm-punk-related-tweets-fightful

"It kinda shocked me when I texted him about grabbing dinner because we were in Chicago and he told me he no longer had any interest in being friends with me or anybody related to WWE."

• Thanks 1

Anyone else find the vibe of those tweets kinda creepy?  Green Meanie's 'grieving ex" comment is in the money.  i guess Punk didn't return Corey's letterman jacket when they broke up?

If I was Punk, I'd be thinking about getting a restraining order after reading the "I still love you.  Call me tomorrow"  tweet.

32 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Damn. I wonder if Punk is still friends with Kofi then.

Hornswoggle said that he once asked Punk for a mutual friends phone number, Punk took that as Swoggle "using" Punk and stopped being friends with him.

Let me see if I can find that video again

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Hornswoggle said that he once asked Punk for a mutual friends phone number, Punk took that as Swoggle "using" Punk and stopped being friends with him.

Let me see if I can find that video again

This is exactly why he stopped talking to Cabana for a while.  Dude should've never been in an MMA match at all, he's showing all the signs of CTE.

12 hours ago, Ace said:

The opposite. If they got considered a "TV show", they'd actually become SAG members.

SAG and AFTRA merged a couple years back.  Some local news anchors (and behind the scenes people, to boot!) in larger markets now have amazing healthcare/pensions because of it.  It continues to bother me that they've never gone after WWE talent/crew, or that they don't chide members for working the non-union WWE shows as guest stars.

2 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Anyone else find the vibe of those tweets kinda creepy?  Green Meanie's 'grieving ex" comment is in the money.  i guess Punk didn't return Corey's letterman jacket when they broke up?

If I was Punk, I'd be thinking about getting a restraining order after reading the "I still love you.  Call me tomorrow"  tweet.

Not really  He probably should not have done it publically and deal with Punk's army of sycophants. But if you treat enough people poorly, eventually you are going to be called on it. 

• Like 7

I don't get why Punk is such a miserable prick. You've got a hot wife, lots of money, your favorite team is actually good right now (he's a Cubs fan, right?), you're not stuck working some 9-5 shit job and you're still young and in pretty decent health. He should be one of the happiest dudes on the planet. 

• Like 3

So he decided to detach himself from everyone working for a company bankrolling a lawsuit against him? 

Or maybe Corey asked him for Colt’s number?

I hate punk’s diehard fans and never really cared for anything he did aside from his actual wrestling which I enjoyed but the guy has a lot of issues even if those issues may or may not be bullshit that in of itself is an issue so either way he’s a head case.

Graves might sound like a “jilted ex lover” but Punk is fucking asshole if he did in fact respond to Cory’s invitation to grab dinner and catch up with “I don’t wanna be friends anymore”.

Its hard to be a Punk fan sometimes. I think he’s one of the better wrestlers of the past 20 years but he is the biggest jerk known to man.

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

It sounds like Punk wants to be done with wrestling and if he has any connection to wrestlers (especially anyone connected to WWE), the "when is Punk coming back" rumors start up. Look how fast people were talking about Punk being at All In once it was announced that it was near Chicago. The easiest way for him to do that is to completely cut them out.

It is pretty jerkish to cut off people that ostensibly or genuinely care about you just because of their professional associations, but I understand why he would want that amount of separation if he truly wants to be done with wrestling.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Here we go

I have been around Punk and Graves (SJK)  and they were extremely close.  Punk was also extremely close with Hero and remember when Punk stood up for Hero after what happened in CZW and Ian Rotten and IWA-MS  didn't   it pissed Punk off and he left IWA-MS for awhile over it.   Any one who has met Punk will tell you he is his character. He is extremely hot headed and you never know what mood he will be in.   Matt Pollinsky on the other hand has a huge heart.  He once cancelled a booking to do a piercing for a friend of mine.  He will do anything for his friends and his family and knowing how close he and Punk were it had to crush him when Punk said he no longer wants to associate with him.   I wonder if Punk told Joe and AJ the same things?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really wish the whole "Punk and Colt aren't friends anymore" thing would die. It was bullshit to begin with and Colt pretty quickly shot it down saying he wasn't even where that WWE show was at.

If they stopped publically hanging out then it's because they had to lie low for the lawsuit. Even when they did the podcast it was their first time hanging out in a little bit. Punk has moved, started training in Milwaukee nearly full time, and had time to hang out with the one person not implicated in anything, his wife. I don't think it's fair to say it's symptoms of CTE that's driving this.

Sometimes you have an extraordinarily awful experience with where you work and want to detach yourself from everything and everyone about that place. Combine that with not knowing if Punk stayed friendly with anyone there that whispers wouldn't make it back to Vince and that hurting his friends or himself then I totally understand cutting that part of your life out. Punk is a protective guy. Sometimes you have to do things you don't like to protect yourself and anyone you like even if it makes you look like an asshole.

• Like 2