DVDVR Message Board

RAW - 3/5/2018 - Sing Us A Song, You're The Piano Man

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Would it really be wasteful? I have trouble seeing the crowd being fine with just watching it unfold on the screen.

I think they'd be cool with it to an extent. That crowd will be packed with just the sort of smarkity smarks who were calling for the Broken stuff to be attempted in WWE, and they're the ones who should understand that the Hardy Compound pretapes are the best way to make this work.

But yes, there's always a danger that you might lose your audience doing lengthy pretapes. 

Just in terms of excitement, I can barely muster any enthusiasm for a live Wyatt or Hardy match right now. Luckily, Sheamus and Cesaro are on an unspeakably good tag run. So who knows. 

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The early betting is Bray and Matt Hardy

Basically the match at the Hardy compound is on RAW in the coming weeks and it unites them

Almost completely forgot about that angle. Yeah, its them.

I liked Asuka/Nia as usual. Thought that was probably the only time of the way too many times that Nia tapped out that felt believable. Definitely figure she wins the title at Mania. Opening seg was a lot of fun.

I'm not a huge fan of Megadeth but I do love Corey gleefully using any of their lyrics as much possible, even if half of it didn't make sense.  And it was a rather entertaining match to boot.  If somehow they green-light a Pantera song for a match then that'll be his best day ever.

The rest of the show was fine though I noticed a lot of strikes not coming close to connecting in some of the matches.  I don't know if people are trying to be safer leading up to Wrestlemania but there were enough gaps in those strikes that took me out of some of the matches.

Bray becoming Matts disciple seems to be where this is going as Bray seems very unnerved by Matt. It would also give both of them new life. 

I would say Ronda beating up Stephanie already ruins the payoff. But I think it really worked. Mentioning the elephant in the room at the PPV of Ronda being washed up makes her more sympathetic. So I want to see where it goes. 

I'm looking forward to Braun dropping an entire high school marching band on Elias.

If it was serious Bucks, the eventual battered Matt makes the hot tag to Nick moment would be the best part of the show.

If it was comedy Bucks it would be awful beyond words.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

THE FLAME PANTS ARE BACK 

Forget Woken Matt Hardy vs Wyatt, Flame pants Seth vs Demon Balor is the real crazed alter ego battle we need.

Literally the only singles match I want to see Seth in is him vs Finn again but with Finn as the heel.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Huh, the headline for the Raw thread references Billy Joel, then Billy Joel gets mentioned on Smackdown.  Synchronicity!

Maybe next week a tag-team will debut called The Nylon Curtain-Jerkers?

I'll show myself out.

• Haha 1