DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Hagan said:

Yeah, that's honestly a huge pull. And, I mean...I've never been to an ROH show and I'm not one to fly around for this stuff. New Orleans is three hours from me so this is probably my first and last huge wrestling weekend blowout. 

I bought PROGRESS for both days, am definitely doing 'mania (I know, I know..but...fuck it) and have to decide between ROH/NXT. Other than that need to break down the most convenient schedule. I don't want to commute back and forth all day between the WWN shows and where I'm staying on Frenchmen, and especially would like to be in the city at night. I *think* I'll do a 4 pm Evolve show. Other than that, I guess I'm gonna wait and see what the cards are...

I've got myself tickets for Beyond, the 4 pm Evolve, Janela Spring Break, Pro Wrestling Revolver, and planning to get NXT as well.  Not doing Mania.

I have an Airbnb that's out near the WWN shows for the Thursday & Friday nights.  Planning to get a hotel more in the downtown area for Saturday... and possibly Sunday?  Dunno if it's worth it to pay for an extra night just to hang out on Bourbon Street all day and watch Mania at a bar.  We'll see.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Casey said:

I’m just really salty that I likely won’t get to see CM Punk versus AJ or Bálor in a WWE ring. I much rather see that over a 15 minute extended squash match versus Brock.

Flat earther Christian AJ versus atheist prick Punk would've been hot as hell.

58 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

"I cut the shit outta that boy." 

The amazing thing about the Mass Transit incident is it might not even be in the top 10 of unprofessional things New Jack has done in a match.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Reigns is going to come back and wonder why his gear is all stretched out.

They already advertised tag title matches so why even do the Triple H thing that doesn't make any logic?  Wyatt and The Bar haven't ever been allied in any way either.  Really they could've just done Triple H/Wyatt and changed the tag titles.  Then at Survivor Series you'd get Usos vs. Bar and the full Shield in the elimination match.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I've got myself tickets for Beyond, the 4 pm Evolve, Janela Spring Break, Pro Wrestling Revolver, and planning to get NXT as well.  Not doing Mania.

I have an Airbnb that's out near the WWN shows for the Thursday & Friday nights.  Planning to get a hotel more in the downtown area for Saturday... and possibly Sunday?  Dunno if it's worth it to pay for an extra night just to hang out on Bourbon Street all day and watch Mania at a bar.  We'll see.

You'll never regret an extra night in NOLA. I mean, avoid Bourbon, if possible. There's a great Irish pub called Erin Rose on Conti just off Bourbon that's my go-to. If you avoid the tourist traps, New Orleans is not an expensive town to have a good time in. 

Transit lines from the Quarter to the WWN shows takes about an hour, which is doable if you plan accordingly. Uber is pricing around $30, which isn't a deal-breaker in a jam.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ramsey said:

Random question about blading:

Ok, you'd kept your blade stashed in your mouth/wrist tape/finger tape/wherever and you've now used to to make a little extra money. What now? How to you dispose of said item after the gig is gigged?

My uncle would tape a small triangle to his fingernail and just run it across his forehead.  Enough to cut the skin but not enough to hurt your opponent.  When you get to the back, you cut the tape off and throw it away.

Generally, thumb.  Sometimes index finger.  Easiest way to hide and blade.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

The amazing thing about the Mass Transit incident is it might not even be in the top 10 of unprofessional things New Jack has done in a match.

Oh god I just remembered the Gypsy Joe beat down and the knife incident.

I bizarrely remember WWE / New Jack rumours around 02-03. That would have been next level bonkers if that was even 1% true.

2 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Oh god I just remembered the Gypsy Joe beat down and the knife incident.

I bizarrely remember WWE / New Jack rumours around 02-03. That would have been next level bonkers if that was even 1% true.

The greatest thing about the Gypsy Joe thing is that after New Jack was done he just got up and shrugged like it was nothing. Gypsy Joe was indeed one of the toughest guys in wrestling ever.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Don't forget Jack trying to kill Vic Grimes in their scaffold match in XPW

I think that was him just taking advantage of something to further his gimmick, I think Vic just jumped poorly. Although since New Jack is also unprofessional its hard to always determine when he is doing it legitimately and when he is playing a character.

29 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I mean, New Jack straight up said he was trying to throw him past the ring.

Sure, he said that after the match to further his character. Not questioning whether he said it, questioning whether or not it is true ;) He was very very different in the trial for the Mass Transit Incident, he went from crazy to thoughtful and normal very quickly. Not doubting he has a temper, but doubting that everything he says in shoot interviews is true. He also claimed to have justified homicides but provided no proof of it.