DVDVR Message Board

NOV 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

11 minutes ago, nate said:

I see the logic going this way ... Triple H eliminates 28 other guys, then Braun eliminates Triple H, well, then, by proxy Braun eliminated 29 guys!  PROFIT!

By that logic, the winner of the Rumble always eliminates 29 other people.  Transitive property for the big win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

By that logic, the winner of the Rumble always eliminates 29 other people.  Transitive property for the big win.

Except when two competitors eliminate themselves.  That fucks the numbers up.

6 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I have no idea how accurate or up to date celebrity net worth is, but the site lists his assets at $2 million.  That's hardly fuck you rich, but it seems like he has a steady income with indy bookings, merch sales, WWE residuals, and the odd acting gig.  Maybe he got a piece of his father's estate as well?  I wonder if he sees how is brother and father always had a job in the wrestling business and never struggled and thinks the same will happen to him.

I seem to recall Cody mentioning around the time of the WWE Starrcade announcement that he was the executor of Dusty's estate.

As mentioned previously, Dusty had some down periods pre-late 80s WWF and following the demise of WCW, and I recall Dustin mentioning having financial issues and struggling to find work outside of the business in the 2000s when he was on the outs with WWE. I can definitely see Cody trying not to make the same mistakes they made and doing whatever it takes to succeed post-WWE.

7 minutes ago, colonial said:

I seem to recall Cody mentioning around the time of the WWE Starrcade announcement that he was the executor of Dusty's estate.

As mentioned previously, Dusty had some down periods pre-late 80s WWF and following the demise of WCW, and I recall Dustin mentioning having financial issues and struggling to find work outside of the business in the 2000s when he was on the outs with WWE. I can definitely see Cody trying not to make the same mistakes they made and doing whatever it takes to succeed post-WWE.

Everything that I've ever heard about Cody is that he's a smart guy who has probably invested well and saved well instead of spending like a Ric Flair. He saw both his dad and his brother go through some hard times basing their entire livelihoods  on the wrestling biz, and I'm sure that he's too smart to do that. Yeah, I doubt he has FU money, but I could easily raise the funds to put on a card like they're discussing and Cody has more money than I do. (By quite a bit.)

2 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Everything that I've ever heard about Cody is that he's a smart guy who has probably invested well and saved well instead of spending like a Ric Flair. He saw both his dad and his brother go through some hard times basing their entire livelihoods  on the wrestling biz, and I'm sure that he's too smart to do that. Yeah, I doubt he has FU money, but I could easily raise the funds to put on a card like they're discussing and Cody has more money than I do. (By quite a bit.)

Nice.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

You're ignoring the possibility of loops in the elimination graph. It's not uncommon for people to eliminate themselves. Or to be eliminated by somebody who's not in the match.

57 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Everything that I've ever heard about Cody is that he's a smart guy who has probably invested well and saved well instead of spending like a Ric Flair.

$10,000 in Rolex watches or $10,000 in a video game is still $10,000 spent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Credit for trying. A few questions I have:

1) Do you try to stream it? You'd potentially hamper the live gate BUT the right card would generate interest and drive more revenue.

2) I wonder how much "self-finance" really means? I really doubt that Cody and the Jacksons (especially the Jacksons) are going to go 100% out of pocket on this. Although, if they have every person who ever joined the Bullet Club pay like a $1,000 they'd probably already be in the black.  

Edit to add further thoughts: I can kind of see this like a "Joey Janela Spring Break" where they're the front people and it's a "BC Presents" show but there's a lot other companies co-promoting or footing a bulk of the bill. 

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

You're ignoring the possibility of loops in the elimination graph. It's not uncommon for people to eliminate themselves. Or to be eliminated by somebody who's not in the match.

Also, what if person 1 eliminates person 2 and person 1 is eliminated before the winner enters? Does the winner have any connection to #2?

I'd almost try to get Hot Topic to sponsor it as much as they can. Get some advertisements through them, they are in every mall in America or close to it. A poster in every store would be great, If you could purchase tickets and Hot Topics that would be a nice touch too, with some sort 25% off a BC shirt when purchased with a ticket or something. And also have it as a partnership supershow between ROH, New Japan and CMLL with some outside names like Jericho (if available), Danielson (if the event is after September), Aries and Neville (if he does leave the WWE). If I was ROH I'd attach my name to this and run it as Bullet Club Presents ... like if they do run later in 2018 and it's like October or something Bullet Club Presents Glory By Honor for example. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Also, what if person 1 eliminates person 2 and person 1 is eliminated before the winner enters? Does the winner have any connection to #2?

This now makes me want to rewatch the Rumbles to find out who has eliminated the most people under the transitive property...

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

I'd almost try to get Hot Topic to sponsor it as much as they can. Get some advertisements through them, they are in every mall in America or close to it. A poster in every store would be great, If you could purchase tickets and Hot Topics that would be a nice touch too, with some sort 25% off a BC shirt when purchased with a ticket or something. And also have it as a partnership supershow between ROH, New Japan and CMLL with some outside names like Jericho (if available), Danielson (if the event is after September), Aries and Neville (if he does leave the WWE). If I was ROH I'd attach my name to this and run it as Bullet Club Presents ... like if they do run later in 2018 and it's like October or something Bullet Club Presents Glory By Honor for example. 

Between Hot Topic sponsoring it and (presumably) PWT promoting it non-stop, I'd imagine Chicago is the target city. 10K arenas, you're most likely looking at the UIC Pavilion since I imagine Wintrust Arena (DePaul's new barn) would be too expensive. 

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

Between Hot Topic sponsoring it and (presumably) PWT promoting it non-stop, I'd imagine Chicago is the target city. 10K arenas, you're most likely looking at the UIC Pavilion since I imagine Wintrust Arena (DePaul's new barn) would be too expensive. 

There's also a 10,000 seat arena in the suburbs that was home to the ill fated Chicago Shamroxx indoor lacrosse team and an old UHL hockey team (used to be called the Sears Center before Sears went broke).

5 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Chicago would be a good choice, I want them to hold the show in Cali so it'd be easier for me to go.

Fuck, I suppose Gallup is out of the question... Actually, we don't have anywhere that would seat 10,000 people because we don't HAVE 10,000 people.

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Jennifer Hudson has dropped her order of protection against Otunga. He has temporary custody.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/28/jennifer-hudson-david-otunga-custody-order-of-protection/?adid=sidebarwidget-most-popular

Yeah, a lot of mother fuckers had some crow and a hot cup of shut the fuck up for breakfast on the Tom Joyner Morning Show today.

I'm happy for Otunga that his name isn't being dragged through the mud, but I am sad that their relationship has hit rock bottom.

29 minutes ago, sabremike said:

There's also a 10,000 seat arena in the suburbs that was home to the ill fated Chicago Shamroxx indoor lacrosse team and an old UHL hockey team (used to be called the Sears Center before Sears went broke).

It’s still the Sears Centre. Last I heard, it was super expensive to run the facility because part of the contract requires their own union subcontractors (lighting, security, etc) to work each event.  

Thought just popped into my head, I know they have it down to a handful of select cities but the Xfinity Arena in Everett Washington holds 10,000 people if they can for sure get Daniel Bryan in September if he really is leaving once his contract is up I think they could sell that fucker out if they ran Cody (or whoever is ROH Champion at the time) vs D-Bry in the main event.

7 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Am I only one that misread that as Transvestite property?

It's been a long day and I'm tired. Cut me some slack.

• Haha 3

Anyone know whatever happened to Jeff Bowdren? Used to really love him in the Lariat and 1Wrestling but haven't seen anything from him in years. Hope he's OK. Same for Ron Lemieux.