Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Your Wrestlers RIP Thread


Recommended Posts

Aww, man...Mitch Ryder? This one really bums me out. He was a favorite of mine in CHIKARA especially. Didn’t see his IWA work until much later. 

His character just worked so well surrounded by young lucha dudes who didn’t look or work like him at all. Great chemistry with Sweeney and Shayne Hawke, too. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So you get the story behind Chris and Necro getting into it? 

Nope. Never found out what it was. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember hearing Eddie Kingston talking about his Hero feud on a podcast, and he was saying that he and Hero very much DO NOT get along in real life. Which I was hoping would lead to him cutting an awesome shoot promo on what a terrible person Hero was, but he just said they are very different people with very different philosophies and left it at that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 8:55 AM, AxB said:

I remember hearing Eddie Kingston talking about his Hero feud on a podcast, and he was saying that he and Hero very much DO NOT get along in real life. Which I was hoping would lead to him cutting an awesome shoot promo on what a terrible person Hero was, but he just said they are very different people with very different philosophies and left it at that.

A lot of the Hero- Kingston hate had to do with how Kingston perceived Hero had treated his old Wildcards partner  Jack Marciano. They hated each other. I saw one of their matches live and they both stiffed the shit out of each other. Kingston wouldn't come out at intermission until Hero had went to the back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Big Jim Harris in World of Sport 

Cornette and others have always made it seem that Harris was barely functional in the ring prior to the Kamala gimmick, he’s not that bad in the video above and here he is bumping for Big Daddy. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember going back and watching those early Wrestling Challenge and Superstars and Televised House Shows on WWE 24/7 and noticing how agile and Athletic Kamala was. I guess because of his gimmick is not something you want to bring light to but Bigelow and Bossman came around not long after and got put over for being able to move around like they did. That Kamala gimmick could have easily let him get away with the minimum in the ring. Imagine if he wasn't so handcuffed with the gimmick he probably would've shown out almost anybody in any locker room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kamala was honestly very good at getting the maximum out of an audience reaction with very little, especially while the gimmick was fresh. His strengths were timing, selling, facial expressions and he could milk all that shit. Listen to these people go nuts for everything Atlas does.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been a million “savage” or “wildman” gimmicks, but Kamala was the only one I ever saw work a tag match properly for the gimmick. His tag in World Class with Michael Hayes and someone else I can’t recall where he doesn’t understand the tag rules is great. 
 

Also, it just occurred to me that I’ve only ever heard the name Kamala twice and both of the people who are named that or used that name have the last name Harris. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Massive blow to the Biden campaign losing their probable VP nominee too. 😞

She would have held up the wrong hand when getting sworn in anyways....

a9e1a47a6658ced57899c25a3cb86c95-crop-ex

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Peck said:

She would have held up the wrong hand when getting sworn in anyways....

a9e1a47a6658ced57899c25a3cb86c95-crop-ex

Neh, she would have just held the bible the wrong way around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Natural said:

 

Not sure what's more impressive: Kamala picking up Andre like it was nothing, or Andre going up light as a feather. Who's the guy fighting Duggan in this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought he had been sick for quite a while, amputations, etc.  Yet mainstream media is saying it was Coronavirus.  Was it Diabities or the Corona that was the cause? Seems like every death related to illness is now being labeled as Coronavirus related. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not sure what's more impressive: Kamala picking up Andre like it was nothing, or Andre going up light as a feather. Who's the guy fighting Duggan in this?

Looks like butch 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I thought he had been sick for quite a while, amputations, etc.  Yet mainstream media is saying it was Coronavirus.  Was it Diabities or the Corona that was the cause? Seems like every death related to illness is now being labeled as Coronavirus related. 

He's actually a textbook case. Between his age, weight and all the other debilitations he'd endured, he was super vulnerable to it. That's why people need to do the right thing and take precautions.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...