DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Land of Opportunity 4/25/17

Niners Fan in CT

Charlotte turning full face would be a terrible idea if only because it s puts SDL back into the situation they were in last year where the best women were all faces and as result kept away from each other outside of multi-women matches. That said, the audience kind of is treating her like they did in NXT where they recognized her talent to the point where they are kind of cheering her. I really wish wish there were more women on both rosters. It would add a decent bit to feuds like this.

I do like Becky's explanations on Talking Smack for why she didn't intervene in tonight's beat down. It can kind of go either way in her turning heel or staying face and getting screwed by Charlotte again.

Breezango were so much fun on Talking Smack. I loved how they messed JBL. JBL was kind of weird during Becky's interview. Also loved Corbin at the end. He had I good I just fucked up face after he hit an official.

Charlotte/Naomi seemed to just be getting real good before it ended. Great near fall off the Rear View and Charlotte's sitout powerbomb looked excellent.

Enjoyed Orton/Rowan and the Jinder segment. Amazing how quick Jinder went from never wins to title threat, but I like him and hope he sticks in the upper card mix. Digging the Orton vs. the World vibe with Wyatt coming up, Jinder on the horizon, and now possibly Rusev looming next. SDL hasn't felt quite as consistently great all the way through since the shakeup to me but still has a solid amount of strong points.

• RIPPA pinned this topic

I think the heel side of the Smackdown women's division will be just fine. Nattie's had some of her best matches against Becky, Naomi, and Charlotte and has probably found her best character since she debuted in the WWE, while Carmella is at least just as carryable as Alexa Bliss in-ring wise. Plus, Tamina has been perfectly fine in tag matches. And they've got Ellsworth who the fans love to see beaten down. I think this stable actually has some potential.

• Like 1

Notes from the show:

Dark match opener was Mojo Rawley (billed as the Andre the Giant Battle Royal winner) vs Aiden English (still singing during rest holds).  Mojo wins with his terrible Pounce.

Dark match main was Nakamura vs Ziggler.  Majority of the crowd stayed, lots of selling from Nakamura.  He wins with the reverse exploder and Kinshasa.

My friend noticed the stage layout wasn't really set up for pyro which lead to a hell of a surprise for him when the 205 Live pyro went off and he nearly had a heart attack.

I haven't seen how it came across on the broadcast (my son wants to watch it on Hulu when he gets home from school) but I thought the crowd was hot for the majority of the show.  Course, that could have been the $9 beers clouding my judgement.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Charlotte being a face isn't far fetched. Remember, she was previously during that whole PCB/Team Bad cluster.

I remember her being such a lousy face they had to flip her and Sasha. It will save me from having to watch her be out of position for babyface offense during comebacks. I thought she was pretty terrible in this match with Naomi awkwardly moving herself in position for moves, and her comically bad facial expressions.

1. Why is Ziggler still employed?

2. Why is whoever wrote that promo for Ziggler still employed?

3. Why is Nakamura even talking? Dude says more with facial expressions and antics than anyone on the roster.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, peterien said:

1. Why is Ziggler still employed?

2. Why is whoever wrote that promo for Ziggler still employed?

3. Why is Nakamura even talking? Dude says more with facial expressions and antics than anyone on the roster.

1. His overselling averages out the no-sellers in the fed for 50/50 bumping on top of 50/50 booking?

2. Hasn't pissed off Vincent K. Dunn yet.

3. He was in NXT for a while and thus he has to prove he went to promo cutting school while in developmental or the ghost of Dusty Rhodes will come for his soul in 7 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zev said:

1. His overselling averages out the no-sellers in the fed for 50/50 bumping on top of 50/50 booking?

2. Hasn't pissed off Vincent K. Dunn yet.

3. He was in NXT for a while and thus he has to prove he went to promo cutting school while in developmental or the ghost of Dusty Rhodes will come for his soul in 7 days.

It's because he's so metal. If Graves were still on Smackdown he would be talking about how Dolph was unleashing his Symphony of Destruction on his opponent or how Ziggler is the master of puppets. 

;) 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Randy Orton gets a title shot after committing felony arson.

Daniel Bryan hates Bray Wyatt. Sending a guy that's had several wins at Mania to take the title from him is just payback for that one Sister Abigail into the ringside barrier.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zartan said:

It's because he's so hair metal. If Graves were still on Smackdown he would be talking about how Dolph was unleashing his Theatre of Pain on his opponent or how Ziggler is Livin' on a Prayer.

;) 

fixed

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Craig H said:

LOL Baron Corbin gets a 1 week suspension for attacking Sami.

Randy Orton gets a title shot after committing felony arson.

One was a WWE official being struck on company property. The other happened outside the company and was thus the task of the local authorities to deal with.  The real question is why the authorities didn't charge Orton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

One was a WWE official being struck on company property. The other happened outside the company and was thus the task of the local authorities to deal with.  The real question is why the authorities didn't charge Orton.

It's why they shouldn't go so far with some of these stories. They can't continue to escalate. WTF is Orton supposed to do now that he's burned down Bray's house with Abigail's grave inside? Take Bray to the guillotine? There's no point of doing so much when you have to walk it back.