DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown is Poor Bob Has No Fruit Basket

HumanChessgame

Fuck the haters, Ziggler was awesome in that opening segment.

Heathy Baby has been killing it and tonight was no exception.

I think that tag team match comprised about a third of the roster and went maybe 10 minutes.  They could have at least done it elimination style like those 342 man matches they had at the first few Survivor Series.  It could have made AA look good and give the rest of the tag division something besides background dressing.

• Like 2

More awesome from Ziggler/Ambrose in the opening. Very much looking forward to their match and hope they get a lot of time.

The Red Queen's intro in to the voiceover saying she was stuck in traffic was great. Naomi randomly back as a babyface, that entrance was unique.

Love that Curt Hawkins is keeping his old "In the Middle of it Now" music, very underused awesome theme.

12 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I think that tag team match comprised about a third of the roster and went maybe 10 minutes.  They could have at least done it elimination style like those 342 man matches they had at the first few Survivor Series.  It could have made AA look good and give the rest of the tag division something besides background dressing.

Yea I was a bit confused towards the end when so many people were on the floor selling and thought maybe it was elimination. What a mess and just a terrible way to showcase anyone. 

Smackdown was good again this week. Ziggler's probably losing but I think he can turn this into a fresh heel character.

Heath is making himself a star. I just hope they realize it.

I loved Orton turning up the intensity in the squash match and mocking Brock with the suplexes.

Naomi's new entrance is going to be a hit with the kids. Not sure about the attire but the glow in the dark thing works.

The only thing I didn't really like on this show was Miz/Crews having a complete afterthought angle to build up the match at SummerSlam.

• Like 1

Heath was great again tonight. Ziggler again impressed with his promo. Loved everything with Eva once again not debuting. Not big on Naomi's new look or randomly being face again since she was so great acting like a little shit in Team Bad.

Too bad they're splitting up the Dudley Boyz.  Rowan getting kicked out of (what's left of) the Wyatts, then showing up on Raw in camo because he misunderstands what kind of family the Dudleys are and wants to join a new cult would be strangely amusing.

• Like 3

Heath may try and invoke the West Virginia superior court precedent of "I hearn it with my own two ears!"* but unfortunately for him the incident took place in Texas and as such is covered by Texas statute 59.d4.a which reads: "You din't make your legal mark, you got no grievance but with the Lord."

Guys, I think he's screwed unless he can get a change of venue.

*Footnote: West Virginia appeals court amended this ruling to include the following ("applies even where to wit they ain't got none or but one ear.")

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Too bad they're splitting up the Dudley Boyz.  Rowan getting kicked out of (what's left of) the Wyatts, then showing up on Raw in camo because he misunderstands what kind of family the Dudleys are and wants to join a new cult would be strangely amusing.

I've often wondered why there has never been a renaissance of the Dudley Clan gimmick. 

This is the first time ever that I have ever been interested in anything involving Heath Slater.

I hate Dolph's gimmick, but he's bringing it.  I am looking more forward to Ambrose / Ziggler than I am to Rollins / Balor.

I kind of love that the 30 year old Dean Ambrose can call the 36 year old Dolph Ziggler, who's been with the company as long as Dean has been in wrestling, "Sonny boy" and it works because Dolph still looks like the brat high-school son of the local town big shot and Dean looks like he spent a few nights rolling doobies to .38 special in a Dairy Queen parking lot in Youngstown which would make him about 55 unless he was doing that last night, which as I think about it isfairly likely.

• Like 4

What the hell is Viperville anyways? Sure sounds like some kind of rundown redneck tourist trap hellhole. I'm sure Orton suffers from herpetophobia because why wouldn't he? But it would be great if Orton had his own Viperville segment that recalled the Snake Pit only with glass display cases the snakes were in and Orton dressed like Cajun trash with an alligator tooth necklace and goofy hat like the titular hick in John Fogerty's "Old Man Down The Road" music video.

• Like 1

Great to see Naomi back. I really liked her as a heel so we'll see how the return to being a face goes. I agree that the entrance is indeed great (I'm not too hyped about the back pack but it's better than the fanny pack she rocked at a live show) and the kids are gonna eat it up. 

Eva Marie getting stuck in traffic only to show up later was gold. I know a lot of people had their misgivings but I think the Smackdown women are going to be just fine. 

30 minutes ago, offspring515 said:

Drop the backpack,which was amateur hour, and she might.

To be fair - the only reason she had the backpack was to carry the glowsticks she was throwing out to the crowd.

Of course - I liked her just saying "Fuck It" and throwing the whole lot at basically one entire row

• Like 1