DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last Japanese Wrestler I can remember holding a WWF/E title is Bull Nakano.

Saw a poster for the new Jeff Bridges movie, "Hell or High Water" today as I was heading into the theater, then the trailer before the movie. In this one, at least, he's looking full on Stan Hansen-ish. I did a double take when I saw the poster.  

A movie with "The Lariat" trying to foil bank robbers would be a thing to see...

Surprise! You can be both. The Rock is the first black WWF champ and also Samoan. Go figure.

Anyway back when we did the DVDVR Race Draft I claimed Batista for the Asian delegation along with Zack Morris. It counts.

I was just going to post Bacon's response.

Instead I'll just say that the Rock played once Rocky Johnson on That 70's Show, but I don't think it was the episode where Donna announced she's not wearing a bra.

Speaking of TNA, did the Aces and Eights lose any 1 specific match,and in storyline driven out of the company, or did they just fizzle apart?

2 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

@Curt McGirt The Blacks formed like Voltron and wrecked everyone else's shit.  J.T. went to town on chumps.

My missing this seriously makes me want to witness and be involved in DVDVR Racial Draft II as Honorary Black Delegate. Then again that will probably mean I owe Rippa and all other mods money for the dumb shit that will come out of people's internet mouths. 

EDIT: Now I'm just thinking of a general DVDVR Draft of some form... the rules are not clear to me but it could be something that could either impact or compare to March Madness... god just me suggesting this concept probably means I owe Rippa money

4 hours ago, zev said:

Speaking of TNA, did the Aces and Eights lose any 1 specific match,and in storyline driven out of the company, or did they just fizzle apart?

Both. They fizzled apart (with guys like DOC, D-Lo and Devon leaving the company whilst onscreen as members), then Bully Ray fired almost everyone from the group because he was crazed with power. But eventually they had one match between Bully and Anderson where if Bully lost, the group had to disband. And Bully lost, so that was that. Several months too late.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

There hasn't been an Asian wrestler that's been able to speak English well enough to cut the captivating promo. Nakamura is the first. 

hqdefault.jpg

"Despite his racial handicap, Nakamura here is a crackerjack promo!"

Just a little sidebar re: the McGregor/WWE stuff (that might have been mention in the MMA board but it's cold and there are wolves after me there)

Meltzer posted this on the WON message board (credit to DTAM for the screen cap)

CpTyFc0UMAAmxz5.jpg