DVDVR Message Board

RAW is Vacant?

Niners Fan in CT

Really enjoyed the main by the end of it. Rollins has been booked much stronger since his return than during his title reign. Didn't mind the finish since it obviously wouldn't have a clean ending heading in to Sunday. Liked the announcement of Foley as GM as something that wasn't completely expected so it was a bit of a surprise. Interested to see how they do as GMs.

4 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The women's division is somehow less significant than it was a year ago.

I will say that at least there actually seems to be a couple of simultaneous feuds going on, whereas it used to be "feud for the title" and then "everyone else in multi-diva tags".  But so much momentum has been lost since Wrestlemania, that cannot be denied.

I don't understand why they need to do some wacky double-pin fuckery to create a second World Title. "Raw and Smackdown are separate entities, so each one needs its own World Champion" is a perfectly valid reason without any other crap. Keep it simple, stupid.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

I don't understand why they need to do some wacky double-pin fuckery to create a second World Title. "Raw and Smackdown are separate entities, so each one needs its own World Champion" is a perfectly valid reason without any other crap. Keep it simple, stupid.

Definitely.  I also just had the thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to bring back King of the Ring as a brand-specific PPV with the winner becoming the new Raw/Smackdown world champ.

• Like 1

That main sucked. Boys, if you're gonna convince me this is a legit title match, you need to tighten up the work. And one of you doing a faux Kawada impersonation followed by the other doing a faux Tenryu impersonation followed by a fighting spirit "hit you before I drop" bit isn't gonna even come close to scratching my Puro itch when you look that shitty doing it. If that's their idea of a big, epic title match then they need to just have a gimmick match or a fucking brawl instead. 

Must say, I laughed at the comedy team stuff and Cena came off horrible during it... intentionally, I hope. The opening tag with Owens doing a fake selfie after kicking Zayn in the face was funny and a decent match. Everything else got either too much time or not enough. And Stephanie should have her mouth duct-taped, permanently.

EDIT: Also, I liked the 12 man as a match too. Not all is lost!

2 hours ago, Zheroen said:

2edgy4me

Although I suppose you do fill a major void here, as the one thing this board is lacking is someone who posts one liners that are blindly-supportive of any given WWE show.  We definitely need more discourse akin to a 13-year-old boy retweeting Twitter posts from John Cena or YouTube-level comments.

Shut up, stupid. Yuck, you're a total fucking zero.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Zheroen said:

2edgy4me

Although I suppose you do fill a major void here, as the one thing this board is lacking is someone who posts one liners that are blindly-supportive of any given WWE show.  We definitely need more discourse akin to a 13-year-old boy retweeting Twitter posts from John Cena or YouTube-level comments.

What's wrong with 13-year old kids retweeting John Cena?  If twitter was around when I was 13 I'd be doing the same thing.

• Like 2

Just now, Matt D said:

The main was a little too cutesy reversal-ish. It's really nice to see Bryan doing anything, though. 

His work on Wednesday nights is what he should be doing full time. Not this nonsense

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Shut up, stupid. Yuck, you're a total fucking zero.

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What's wrong with 13-year old kids retweeting John Cena?  If twitter was around when I was 13 I'd be doing the same thing.

Do what I did almost a year ago, put him on ignore. 

8 hours ago, Ace said:

I hope Mick does mostly pre-tapes, because he could not keep his shit together on live TV. Stephanie had to twice remind him what to say.

Is it telling that both general managers are men who retired due to brain damage?

My impression was that they were setting the stage in a very non-subtle way that Mick is just a spokesperson for Stephanie, i.e. he is just going to do whatever she tells him to do so he was waiting to say what she wanted him to say.

Mick has never been a bad promo so I am assuming that was the case and not Mick forgetting his few lines, although anything is possible.

Shane was the one who kept losing his place. Mick was there but god forbid anyone outshine Steph.

It is always interesting that everyone else has to do the my turn/your turn interview style except Steph.

Well not really interesting and not surprising.

• Like 1

I thought the promo leading up to the 12-man worked surprisingly well considering how many people were involved. 

I'm surprised they brought Bryan back. I understand they want to add a little sizzle to Smackdown but Bryans presence exposes how indifferent the crowd is to the current roster.You can't have your gm being twice as over as your champ. It's a bad look. 

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

With 50% of the commentary having JBL talking some soccer match in Mexico

The other half trying to figure out the racial conundrum of Wang Yang.

Is it just me or was it always the case that draws are susceptible to champion's advantage like DQs and Ring-outs? I don't why people thought the title would be vacated.

24 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Stephanie is one of the most unbearable characters on WWE TV to me and I really hope they let the GMs do the bulk of the on-screen work while Shane and Stephanie just pop in for important issues.

I can't stand her. I can put up with damn near anything but her "heeling" is just annoying as shit so I change the channel.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

What if they make the Triple Threat on Sunday for both the RAW and SD titles like the WM 17 triple threat with Angle, Benoit, and Jericho? First pinfall is the new RAW champ, 2nd pinfall is the new SD champ?

And Reigns gets pinned for both falls

• Like 1