DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For AUGUST 3, 2016

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, JCM said:

I thought it was one of the best NXT promos of the past few years, and I didn't notice any HHH or Flair cosplay. I certainly can't remember the last time HHH cut a promo that good.

Lemmy's funeral

• Like 2

Roode bragged about his expensive clothing. That's about all he did in the Flair camp. I'm fine with that. I want more people in wrestling bagging about watches and matching socks. Or, even better, thinking that they're going to have Peter Thiel-types lining up for a five-hour NXT taping in suburban Orlando.

In regards to that one TM61er, do wrestlers think at all before getting stupid tattoos on one pec or one shoulder?   That seems a sure way to never be a main eventer.  Good to see the Asuka that made Syuri cry appear.  I'd love to see Athena just crap on her name/gimmick x10 what Becky Lynch did.

2 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I'd love to see Athena just crap on her name/gimmick x10 what Becky Lynch did.

They usually pick their own names, now.  

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I've never really watched Roode so I don't what to expect from him, but i like the character so far. 

Solid worker, good heel bumper, doesn't do much in the way of high spots.  I like that they brought in a guy who isn't likely to try and do super indy workrate matches.

I'm going on vacation next week, and Roode's theme has already bumped anything I could have possibly thought of as track one of our road trip mixtape,

The massive orchestra version of that if he ever makes a WrestleMania is gonna be....well yea.

The theme. The slow setup (possibly even his real-life heartfelt opinions?) Into heeling it up. The theme song. The suit. That glorious theme song. I love Roode so much, and this was perfect.

They better get A-Double a face turn and give them twenty minutes at least once.

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

They usually pick their own names, now.  

Solid worker, good heel bumper, doesn't do much in the way of high spots.  I like that they brought in a guy who isn't likely to try and do super indy workrate matches.

Just amazing at stooging, showing ass, being a hateable prick, and never losing the ability to look dangerous. His feud with Aries might be the best thing TNA ever did.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

In regards to that one TM61er, do wrestlers think at all before getting stupid tattoos on one pec or one shoulder?   That seems a sure way to never be a main eventer.

Is it really necessary to list the names that prove you wrong about this?

11 hours ago, zev said:

Roode's theme was probably written and performed by folks who have a Queen cover band on the side.

I mean that as a compliment.

It sounds like something a hair metal band from the 80's would have sung if instead of ballads then did inspirational songs.

Just now, Craig H said:

The Rock

Beyond that, Orton had tons of shitty tribal tattoos and then got a bunch of shitty skull tattoos over the tribal ones. That isn't one pec or one shoulder, but he had two sleeves of shit tattoos. He seems to have done well.

Goddamn Asuka got that attitude. She came in that ring with the swag of a woman who wished a motherfucker would. She does what Finn Balor can't. She exudes presence when she enters the ring and throughout the match. Asuka is the type of person who offers you a front row seat as she casually murders a person. Like, I have been said that Asuka was never a babyface so I don't know what the fuck Tom was talking about when he said Asuka usually was respectful to her opponents. She taunts them. Plays with them. Then beats the ever loving hell out of them. Not in the plucky underdog way that she unleashes after being tormented. Naw, she straight wrecks fools and taunts them. I fucking love Asuka.

Roode's promo reeked of generic asshole who thinks too highly of himself.

Hideo's return was cool. Nice to have him back. He obviously lost some definition in his arm, but it is nice to see him again. Hopefully we see the GTS again although I don't know who is willing to take it outside of Samoa Joe and Nak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

I guess I should have been more clear by saying a sure fire way to never become a main eventer.  Rock and Orton were already there when they go their tattoos.  And I have no idea of Orton's tattoo chronology but at least he's got coverage instead of a solo tattoo that just looks God awful.

orton-belt2-ss04.jpg

25 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Rock, Orton, Brock, Goldberg, Batista, that one guy with the Pepsi tattoo

It's okay to admit you said a dumb thing. 

And it's ok to admit you didn't read my responses thoroughly.

Five of the guys you list:

Spoiler

74fc40c6-1ec3-49c0-a90f-4c935116f6ad.jpg

bill-goldberg-return-wwe-rumors-wrestlem

batista-772677.jpg

BrockLesnar.png

orton-belt2-ss04.jpg

Not a shitty solo tattoo on a single pec among them.

As for CM Punk, he went from sleeves to tattoos everywhere:

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

4a323c3c87fa7621bee7563384c65d7d.jpg

I read carefully enough to notice you only omitting the word "shoulder" from your most recent post. Also noticed you finding a picture of Rock that hides the bull tattoo he got on his right arm while he was still in the Nation.