DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For AUGUST 3, 2016

RIPPA

16 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I read carefully enough to notice you only omitting the word "shoulder" from your most recent post. Also noticed you finding a picture of Rock that hides the bull tattoo he got on his right arm while he was still in the Nation. 

Wow, ok.  I guess I should have been even more clear.  A solo tattoo on a single pec or single shoulder blade.  That's on me. Can't remember the NXT jobber weeks ago that had a ridiculous tattoo on one shoulder blade.  Of course he'll never be a main eventer anyway since he barely could see over the top rope.

14 hours ago, Greggulator said:

Gargano/Ciampa must have hung out with Full Sail's short-form improv team at some point in time.

Considering how awful they were on the mic during their very first NXT appearance, this is still definitely an improvement. 

42 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Considering how awful they were on the mic during their very first NXT appearance, this is still definitely an improvement. 

That first interview was rough.  You could have convinced me they were a couple of guys who were doing their first promo in English they were so awkward.  The fact that those two were born and raised in the United States, and have been wrestling for years, they seemed like they had no idea how to actually speak for an audience.  It is kind of like a post fight interview with a Brazillian MMA fighter where they awkwardly say a couple of sentences in English, but Gargano and Ciampa didn't have the luxury of calling over the translator when they got out of their element.

Asuka's match this week reminded me: the Asuka Lock is a terrible, non-painful-looking submission. It looks like a crossface chickenwing without the crossface, so it's like she's doing a one-armed rear naked choke, which makes no physical sense. (Plus she crosses her feet, which is also bad.)

It would be great if she were doing a crossface chickenwing like Sakuraba is doing here, but this might hurt too much:

hqdefault.jpg

The little thing that no one noticed that I did when rewatching NXT was when Asuka is choking Aliyah on the ropes she's kind of casually resting her arm as if to say "This is so easy it's boring" I think now that we're getting to Empress Asuka she's going to play the role of Brock Lesnar while Bayley plays the role of John Cena and this will be a glorified squash of the former champion.