DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

The first four reasons I can understand.  But why they didn't reissue tickets after arresting scalpers is beyond me.  And the fifth reason is absurdly stupid, especially considering they weren't even close to filling up most of the events to begin with.

I don't put my hand over my heart during national anthems at stuff, just stand like that. It doesn't really make a difference. It's like bitching about people who don't stand because of their religious beliefs, get over it. Not everyone is you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pete said:

1) The thing with Gabby was a silly non controversy.

2) The reason nobody was carping about the shot putters is that nobody really cares/pays attention to it. The entire country was paying attention to gymnastics so it's more susceptible to hot takes or faux outrage.

56 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I feel bad for Gabby. Between the idiots talking about the anthem and the stupid "only 2" rule in gymnastics her 2nd Olympics has been shit.

The amount of bullshit she has had to deal with this olympics has been shameful.  For whatever reason, people seek her out to talk shit, when she's never done anything to anyone.

Maybe its because the team dared to have one more black girl than legally allowed by whiny old horndawgs on ESPN comment boards. Or not.

So, the Lochte story....

He apparently really did stand up and scream in the face of a man pointing a gun at him. Not a holdup, just a security guard, but still... I'm legitimately surprised that's the true part.

• Like 1

I truly found myself in the "wrestling bubble" minutes ago.

I saw the term DQ'd trending on Twitter ,and considered ROH and Evolve lineups tonight, before any Olympic event came to mind.

Anyway, was the Gold Medal Women's Soccer match today, or does it take place tomorrow?

LOL at Canadians on twitter lobbying for Japan to also be DQed in the relay (for the record, you can step on the line in a straightaway but not a curve - Canada got DQed in 2012 for stepping on the line). Plus that whole race-walking thing from earlier about the bronze. The Olympics, bringing countries together!