DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For MAY 25, 2016

RIPPA

I can totally picture him mowing the lawn while doing wacky arm movements, especially if it's a pushmower.  It's a mundane task, yet I'm giggling just thinking about that.  Maybe I'm just easily amused.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NickMD said:

I'm planning on getting a pushmower soon.  I would be half tempted to try that, but won't because I'm neither Nakamura, Razor Ramon HG or the guy in that gif.  Such is life.

Can you try it dressed like Maria, or would that be too weird?

Damn, dude, that's some next-level Greek weirdness right there.  I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Back to NXT, I loved TM-16.  I saw their WK9 match and thought they great, but haven't anything else from them.  They're a tad quirky yet that works in their favor.  Loved what they did and am looking forward to seeing more.

And I have no shame in admitting I might have danced a tad to No Way Jose's theme.  Such a catchy, catchy tune.

• Like 1

TM16's timing was a little off but I came out very impressed... and that Shane guy is absolutely a showman. Loved him. 

I don't think Nak will have any trouble getting over on the mic. 

I'm even impressed by how far Asuka has come with her English. 

On 5/26/2016 at 2:56 PM, JCM said:

I can't see Nak being anything other than a star on the MR. His charisma leaves everyone in the dust.

I was talking to a friend about this, and I really am cautiously hopeful for his main roster chances.  The biggest concern is that Vince and company historically don't have a great record with booking Japanese (or non-native English speaking... or non-American/Canadian) workers well beyond the most stereotypical or limited angles and gimmicks...  (Tangent, but this is a company that still seems like it doesn't know what to do with black people beyond always keeping them together in a stable or tying them up in tag teams.)  But I also don't think they've ever had a talent like Nakamura with such a total combination of ability, look, and raw charisma.  He's really the one guy that doesn't need to talk or have any kind of selling point beyond what he already brings to the table to get himself over in front of any audience, and I even think the Aries segment showed he's got the capability to do fun, basic interactions in English to take care of whatever extra heavy lifting he might have to engage in moving forward.

Ciampa/Gargano vs T-800 was a blast, but I actually thought that Shane guy was trying a little too hard to stand out with all the weird mannerisms.

And I wouldn't worry about Nakamura on the main roster.  That guy's a force of nature.  They couldn't fuck him up if they tried.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

Ciampa/Gargano vs T-800 was a blast, but I actually thought that Shane guy was trying a little too hard to stand out with all the weird mannerisms.

And I wouldn't worry about Nakamura on the main roster.  That guy's a force of nature.  They couldn't fuck him up if they tried.

Never underestimate WWE's ability to fuck up that which seems unfuckupable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

latest?cb=20121206013236

• Like 5

I watched the show earlier. From start to finish it was great. It's amazing what they do in less then an hour compared to what little gets done on a three hour RAW.

With Nia now facing Asuka, I'm more certain that Bayley should have never beaten her by submission in London. She should have won by countout or something. Nia being undefeated would have made more sense with Asuka setting up take Nia down. Asuka smiling at her when Nia's being all "I'll drop you where you stand". God I love her.

• Like 1

Who's more likely to get fucked over on the main roster? Asuka or Nakamura? Will Vince get either gimmick? Will WWE make Nakamura the silent killer and Asuka the fun loving happy-go-lucky woman?

Asuka, just because there's a lot more working against the women than the men. On the men's side, if you're not in the title feud, there are still plenty of talented guys to have matches and angles with lower on the card. Owens, Zayn, Enzo/Cass etc. are doing fine. They even find room for Tyler Breeze on Raw most weeks. Let's ask last year's NXT-breakout woman Sasha Banks what happens when you're not in the the women's title picture.

On 5/27/2016 at 8:06 AM, Pete said:

That tag match was hot as hell. Shane is pro wrestling as fuck with his body language... a total blast to watch. I like that they got to work "the mighty don't kneel" into their promo and I'm highly amused that no one else here noticed "MN" on Nick Miller's boots.

I was instantly drawn to Shane's reactions to everything as well. Never had seen him before, but I want to see more now. The other guy didn't do nearly as much for me. 

Also, am I supposed to like Gargano or Ciampa more. Gargano, right?

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I was instantly drawn to Shane's reactions to everything as well. Never had seen him before, but I want to see more now. The other guy didn't do nearly as much for me. 

Also, am I supposed to like Gargano or Ciampa more. Gargano, right?

Like whomever you want. I like them equally. I love their superkick/knee strike finisher. That was a really fun match with TM61. I also liked working The Mighty Don't Kneel into their promo.