DVDVR Message Board

Annual WWE Future Endeavoring Thread

6 hours ago, supremebve said:

That seems like a pretty harsh punishment for what is essentially a heated argument.  That dude was out of pocket, but that is a super bad beat if he ends up in jail for that.  Nothing about that report makes me think he had any intention to cause her harm, but you have to be able to control yourself.  

My wife has a good friend who was in a horrific spousal abuse situation several years ago.  After the friend got out of that, my wife and I both got involved with a local shelter that helped her, to the point where we're both board members now (as well as volunteering a couple hours a week working in the building).  Generally, most spouses don't make a dash for the phone the first time the other spouse gets rough during an argument.  Usually, there's a pattern of escalation and a lot of unreported incidents.  A lot of times, when the police are called, the caller isn't really reacting to what actually happened so much as where they think the situation was about to go (i.e., they know what is about to happen, and how bad it could get). 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

My wife has a good friend who was in a horrific spousal abuse situation several years ago.  After the friend got out of that, my wife and I both got involved with a local shelter that helped her, to the point where we're both board members now (as well as volunteering a couple hours a week working in the building).  Generally, most spouses don't make a dash for the phone the first time the other spouse gets rough during an argument.  Usually, there's a pattern of escalation and a lot of unreported incidents.  A lot of times, when the police are called, the caller isn't really reacting to what actually happened so much as where they think the situation was about to go (i.e., they know what is about to happen, and how bad it could get). 

This is good perspective on something I'm thankfully pretty ignorant about.  I could see someone grabbing someone and yelling at them in an argument, despite that I would think they went a little overboard.  Taking their phone isn't even something I thought was a crime.  When you add the perspective of calling the police, because you know how far this person is ready to go, it makes me look at the situation differently.

On 5/6/2016 at 0:31 PM, Brysynner said:

They'll never get rid of R-Truth if the rumors of Vince and Truth sharing the same type of humor are true.

An indy manager I am friends with knows R-Truth,he worked on at least one of Truth's albums,according to him Truth is set for life. Vince and Steph love him. And lots of the time Truth travels with the Mcmahons.

1 minute ago, bobholly138 said:

An indy manager I am friends with knows R-Truth,he worked on at least one of Truth's albums,according to him Truth is set for life. Vince and Steph love him. And lots of the time Truth travels with the Mcmahons.

Funny thing is, I literally just finished reading JTG's new PDF book about how to make it in WWE (early preview of the second one).  One of the things he hammered home is to ride with the top people in the business.  So in that sense R Truth is definitely a made man.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NickMD said:

Funny thing is, I literally just finished reading JTG's new PDF book about how to make it in WWE (early preview of the second one).  One of the things he hammered home is to ride with the top people in the business.  So in that sense R Truth is definitely a made man.

...I hope there's some self-aware irony there, cuz JTG is not who I would turn to for advice on that subject.

3 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Why are they both covered in stubble?

It's actually dirt. Everyone in New Jersey is caked with it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

...I hope there's some self-aware irony there, cuz JTG is not who I would turn to for advice on that subject.

JTG was employed for a ridiculously long time (given how over he was and how he was being used). I'd trust him to tell me how to remain employed by WWE for a long time.

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

I sure hope a children's social worker is popping in on them to at least assess what's actually happening. 

I do too, but they should make them buy a ticket to see cabana Vs Sandow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

JTG was employed for a ridiculously long time (given how over he was and how he was being used). I'd trust him to tell me how to remain employed by WWE for a long time.

We're equating "make it in WWE" with "remaining employed by WWE for a long time" now? Ok. Brawler really made it in this business. Not like that Austin guy who couldn't even hack it for a decade...

15 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

We're equating "make it in WWE" with "remaining employed by WWE for a long time" now? Ok. Brawler really made it in this business. Not like that Austin guy who couldn't even hack it for a decade...

I mean, I'm just saying that if I were buying a book by JTG, I'd expect that to be the subject. 

I would define making it in wrestling as being employed for as long as possible and getting to be part of as many amazing things as possible while doing as little damage to your body as possible.

see, Okerlund, Gene (Mean)

• Like 1

Soooo... is it just me or did anyone else just notice that Rusev is sort of doing Sheiky-baby's murdering of the the english language gimmick and maybe that's why I love his promos so much?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Goddammit piranesi you sent me down the Iron Sheik promo rabbit hole

Gene dropping Sheik's real name at the start like it's nothing. Sheik was a really great, unique promo back then... even as a heel, deferential to Gene and respectful of the fans to an extent.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Also why is Sandow still using his WWE name? Surely he can't keep that.

A lot of guys do tend to run under those banners when dealing with smaller indies. I don't think WWE is too concerned with a low rent indie having a guy work his WWE gimmick to sell a few tickets when they're not really turning a profit anyways. Legally, I think they have bigger fish to fry right now.

BTW - Meltzer and Alvarez implied on their most recent radio show that don't be surprised if the next round of cuts comes today (well on a Friday but I don't think they want to cut folks next week before the PPV)