DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Wagons 3-28-16

MGFanJay

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

a pair of Nikki's panties after running a few miles on a July day or a fresh pair straight out of the dryer?

There's a hamper joke in there. Let me workshop it and get back to you. 

• Like 2

Cool to see Emma back on Raw and getting a win, love her theme. Was kind of hoping for a Nikki Bella return even if just for one night at Mania. Eva Marie was an odd choice but fun reaction. I guess Team Total Divas just decided to let her on the team despite not being happy with her. The Shane/Taker brawl was great stuff with a super hot crowd. That six man was longer than all the other six matches combined.

It's either going to be Nikki or Bayley replacing Eva Marie. No way is WWE tone deaf enough to let this entire match get sucked into the black hole of heat that is Eva. Or, maybe they will, considering the main event and their stubbornness.

Also, lol at the same ol' people coming out to defend Reigns in this thread. It never fails, just like clockwork.

• Like 1

And who thought it would be a good idea to march HHH/Steph out there again for a second promo?  The first one rambled on long enough, but a second segment?  Yeesh.

Part of me thinks they're gearing up for a Reigns turn where he aligns with Steph, but not necessarily HHH.  Just getting that feeling.

The Eva Marie thing can actually be genius if done right.  Have her teammates ignore her, not use her in any way during the match, and win without her.  Eva then assumes they're all jealous of her and build what you can from there.

Also, lol at the same ol' people coming out to defend Reigns in this thread. It never fails, just like clockwork.

It's no different from the same people repeating the same complaints about him or anything else in general.  People have different opinions.  As long as it's respectful toward your fellow posters, I don't see the problem.

Gone are the days of smoke filled arenas, dudes with cigars hurling obscenities and racial epithets. It is supposed to be a family show now but I've always wondered why market to families and then you have a show that doesn't get over until after 11 on the east coast. Makes no sense to me. Kids cant watch it until the following day.

It shows how WWE doesn't get it.  10 PM Eastern?  Kids are going to bed.  Most adults are, too.  They could put the racier stuff on at that hour, and make the first two hours more family-friendly.  Or make Raw the adult-themed show, and SmackDown the more family appealing program.  But they go back and forth between the two sides, and it doesn't work.

I don't blame them for going after kids.  We were all kids who watched wrestling, and we still do. Getting us/them hooked early is crucial.  But there has to be a way to do that and still make the show smart enough for the 18+ crowd.

The thing about Reigns not playing to the male demographic is that this isn't really a "LET'S GO CENA/CENA SUCKS" situation. Half the arena is not cheering for him and in fact, the live crowds have been getting progressively more negative to the point where since he's been getting booed by almost everyone the last few weeks.

1 minute ago, Hail Sabin said:

People talking about replacing Eva Marie remember Vickie Guerrero got a WM match in this type of match.

Hell she even got to hit a Bullfrog Splash.

Plus it's a match on the preshow featuring nine other wrestlers.  Eva probably won't get more than a minute or two of ring time.

I think they are trying to get all of the vets on the show in some capacity. Eva is newer to the ring but she has been on total divas for a long time. You see Emma getting called up for this match. You see Ryder who was pretty much an NXT guy now in the ladder match. I assume he would have been in the battle royal if not for Neville going down. They are just trying to do right for the folks who have been there a while. Unless I'm forgetting someone, I think everyone has a role now outside of the NXT roster.

Back to Reigns, it depends on the city. Tonight was not a good night. There's been other crowds where the reaction has been closer to 50/50 but even then that is not what you want out of your top babyface. It's not a Cena situation where it's I love this guy/I love to boo this guy,  that is part of the show.  The Reigns stuff feels more like "Go Away" which is unfair to him but creative is to blame. I don't think it's about looks or anything like that, jealousy.. none of that. I think everyone was itching to get behind him in The Shield days as the badass Samoan who was a man of few words. He let the action do the talking.  He showed some charisma hitting on the backstage interviewers and shit. All of that is gone. Reigns character now is a guy who creative has said "you have to cheer for him, look at how mean Hunter and Steph are, you have to pull for him" but very few are buying it.

Dear Lord people

The 2nd women's match is Total Divas vs. not Total Divas

The only other option for 5th Total Diva besides Eva were Mandy or Nikki.

And considering how injury conscious the WWE claims to be - they aren't putting the woman who just got her neck brace off at the beginning of the week in the ring

Or maybe you were expecting Rosa a month after giving birth.

But yup - they put Eva Marie in just to specifically infuriate you

• Like 3

And Eva will likely turn on the other women anyway and won't even see much ring time. They just needed a warm body that's also on Total Divas at this point. I must say that the fans losing their shit as soon as her music hits never gets old though. Lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

I am so not going to make through this Daniel Bryan 24 special without balling :(  

I think you meant "bawling."

But maybe not.

On this board, I should assume nothing.

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

The sad truth about Ambrose getting weapons is that he and Funk didn't pay their bar tabs from last week and had to barter to pay off the debt.   In Philly steel stairs go for high money on the open market.  ;)

How much can I get for a stop sign covered in paper that says "USE ME TOMMY!" on it?

• Like 1