DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Wagons 3-28-16

MGFanJay

2 hours ago, bink_winkleman said:

Jason's cornfield scene in FvJ is probably the most enjoyable part of either series.

I guess for Mania, Vince is Freddy trying to control the lone monster Taker/Jason to do his bidding. Shane is a van full of Elm Street kids, fighting off the monster but just maybe using the monster to his advantage to take out the actual bad guy.

And like Jason, Taker is neither scared of water nor his fucking sibling, so that's all really stupid and shouldn't be brought into it at all.

Apologies for the double post, but I just reread this and got an image in my head of Shane doing all kinds of his silly ass boxing moves on Undertaker only to have the Dead Man completely no sell and literally punch Shane's head off of his shoulders.

• Like 2

Kevin Bacon would be his character in Flatliners, in which he costarred with Oliver Platt, who starred in Ready to Rumble.

Makes playing the Kevin Bacon game with WCW folks easier that way.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, piranesi said:

So can FLATLINERS be an extended flashback inserted when they first meet Oliver Platt in READY TO RUMBLE?

If you can figure out how that would work, more power to you.

Me, I really just name dropped Ready to Rumble because I was in the crowd at one of the Nitro tapings they used for part of the film, and therefore I can refer to myself in Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

28 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I love that this was the go-home show for Wrestlemania and the thread only made it to 8 pages by turning it into All Purpose Horror.

I wonder what the over/under is for how many pages the post WM thread can get derailed in.

8 hours ago, _MJ_ said:

So...how would you guys described Shane's diving elbow drop?  All these years later, it's still the same sideways form.  Is it bad?  Is it good? I can't look away.

I wouldn't mind it if Shane actually connected in some form.  He had no real jumping ability, and he was lucky to barely get his right forearm.  Shawn Michaels he is not.  It's one of those elbows that likely hurt Shane way more than it hurt 'Taker.

19 hours ago, piranesi said:

Look we can all agree that Roman Reigns is a big walking, talking Van Helsing right?

He needs to swing on more chains and ropes then, maybe from one turnbuckle to another.  Because that movie had lots of swingin'.

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Dolph likes to show off and listens to bad 80s hair metal. 

Like Megadeath [sic].

• Like 1

12 hours ago, _MJ_ said:

So...how would you guys described Shane's diving elbow drop?  All these years later, it's still the same sideways form.  Is it bad?  Is it good? I can't look away.

He basically does a senton to the space right next to his opponent, while reaching his arm out over them. I assume he does it that way because the flat back bump he's taking is less of a long-term damage risk than wrecking his hip Randy Savage-style.

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

To keep things on track, Shane's elbow would have no effect on Jason; not even when Jason was in other host bodies and not at full strength. 

Well I think Jason is currently wrestling in LU as Matanza, so there's plenty of evidence that that would be the case.