DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Wagons 3-28-16

MGFanJay

I was wondering if "balling" was a new term for spending quality time with oneself.

Which, of course, I do a lot because dur hur hur eye dubya see.

Hey, Emma finally beat Paige.  Zayn finally beat Owens.  And Ryder finally beat, well, anyone of consequence.

11 minutes ago, nofuture said:

So other than Titus O'Neil (for obvious reasons) and injured wrestlers, is Cameron the only main roster wrestler not on the card?  I mean they even found a way to shoehorn in Emma and Eva.

The Matadores (assuming they aren't in the Battle Royal which I don't think they are)

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Dear Lord people

The 2nd women's match is Total Divas vs. not Total Divas

The only other option for 5th Total Diva besides Eva were Mandy or Nikki.

And considering how injury conscious the WWE claims to be - they aren't putting the woman who just got her neck brace off at the beginning of the week in the ring

Or maybe you were expecting Rosa a month after giving birth.

But yup - they put Eva Marie in just to specifically infuriate you

We're dealing with a group of people who thought there was going to be a Zayn/Owens single match for the IC title until last week.

I defer to the Michael Cole (surely Vince-fed) line when she last appeared on Raw: "The WWE Universe loves Eva Marie!"

You know, every time I type about Eva Marie, I have to stop myself from typing something extremely sexist about how she got her job.  I mean, other than that, it's baffling how she's failed as far upwards as she has.   And yes, making the card at Wrestlemania and having any kind of angle around her is failing upwards for her. 

7 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

The thing about Reigns not playing to the male demographic is that this isn't really a "LET'S GO CENA/CENA SUCKS" situation. Half the arena is not cheering for him and in fact, the live crowds have been getting progressively more negative to the point where since he's been getting booed by almost everyone the last few weeks.

The responses Reigns has received the past few weeks somewhat confuse me.  He does the high-flying spot last night with some of the best form I've seen regarding that move in years.  The crowd cheers for it, realizes they're appreciating something Reigns did, and then go into YOU STILL SUCK mode.  Then again, I'm pretty sure I heard a 'Chris Benoit' chant at one point, so trying to figure out that crowd isn't good for anyone's mental health.

Roman has a step up on all of the NXT darlings in Vince's eyes: at least they care enough to boo. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens were actually given time and had a fun six man and the crowd would rather chant for RVD and jack each other off for 15 minutes. And those are the wrestlers everyone says are their favorites, who should be pushed more! 

• Like 1

Meh show except for Shane/Undertaker nuttiness.  Really have no interest in the match, but it's going to be some sort of wacky spectacle so it will probably be watchable.  I half sigh/half lol every time Shane starts doing footwork and throwing punches though, 

No real interest in seeing Undertaker at this point.  I was more intrigued by his wacky 'Prince Valiant meets bald spot combover' haircut.  UT's look is fairly ridiculous at this point and the notion of a 50-yr-old wearing guyliner to look more spook doesn't help matters,

JBL made me laugh way to hard when he got indignant over Jericho losing to Zach Ryder.  RYDER HAS NEVER HAD HIS THEME MUSIC PLAY AT WRESTLEMANIA, (MAGGLE!!!).  That was line of the night for me.  That, ladies and gentlemen, is WWE priorities in a nutshell.

JBL calling Ryback a great big man was pretty snicker-worthy as well.

Roman's title run is already dead, isn't it?  Even a heel turn isn't going to save him.  I'd feel bad for him because he's really not terrible, but after two years, I still don't care about him one way or the other.  Trips' un-retirement tour has been a lot of fun, though.  KInda wish they'd just keep the belt on him while they regroup, but they've come this far with Roman without recognizing the warning signs, might as well keep being oblivious and finish the story.

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I do enjoy Meltzer saying that the WWE thought Eva was going to get a baby face pop

I got a good laugh when I read that this morning. I got an even bigger one when he said they thought the boos were just "NXT shit". If they are going to try and book her as a face...oh my god. The hate poor Vickie Guerrero got will be night and day in comparison.

The stuff with Shane and Taker honestly should have ended the show. Taker talking about his yard and house was so awesome. Shane being so snarky about Taker's legacy was all ready dead. This match makes no sense story wise but I can't wait to see it just for the trainwreck it could be. Plus for some reason I want to see Shane counter The Last Ride into a Triangle Choke just to see everyone lose their shit at the notion of The Undertaker being choked out.

Also the first Triple H promo, that had to be the best promo he's done in years. He channeled some Ric Flair mid 80's right there. It's a shame he's going to lose. Screw Vince's plans for Roman. Triple H as this reinvigorated champion is way more interesting than anything else and I can't believe I'm saying that after all the shit he did back in the early 2000's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Also the first Triple H promo, that had to be the best promo he's done in years. He channeled some Ric Flair mid 80's right there. It's a shame he's going to lose. Screw Vince's plans for Roman. Triple H as this reinvigorated champion is way more interesting than anything else and I can't believe I'm saying that after all the shit he did back in the early 2000's.

Yeah, that promo was really good. It definitely reminded me of Flair when he was putting over how good Reigns was. 

• Like 1

If my youngest daughter didn't want to watch this year, I'd skip the shit out of the entire Mania broadcast. God, I HATE being indifferent to the biggest wrestling show of the year. As of now, I'm watching for Dean/Lesnar and to see the shitty booking of Roman Reigns on the biggest stage the company has. What the fuck are they going to do? Run-in? Double turn? Does anything get Vince the boner inducing "Mania Moment" he wants for his latest project?

I'm in the same boat.  I honestly wasn't paying attention during the first Authority promo segment and turned off the TV before the final segment.  I was burned out by the time the six-man tag happened and I wasn't even in the arena (those fans had the tapings for the rest of the week to sit through).  My primary hope for Paige-Emma was "I hope this gets more than thirty seconds".  Shane's big elbowdrop was pretty impressive, though I wish he'd moved Taker a bit closer as he just barely hit it.  Kofi beating Del Rio would have been huge, like, five months ago.