DVDVR Message Board

New Day Rawks 3-14-16

MGFanJay

New Day was the peak of the show. Ric the Used Car Salesman was up there. AJ's flying forearm was great. A few moments of HHH-Dolph felt special, and the rest of the show was just kinda there. Owens-Zayn was built up, but not very well. Mick giving Dean his barb wire baseball bat was nice - and it looks like we'll get a bit more Moxley than Ambrose at WM against Brock. Lana continued to look hot as well.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/03/new-day-rawks-3-14-16.html

Screens -

2ec773471779294.jpg 

Honest Ric's Used Car Emporium - the only car dealer that requires giving the owner a loan to enter
819662471781915.jpg 

f6e6c7471788130.jpg

So...this...
995159471786146.jpg

e303f7471781895.jpg

742ddb471781100.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/a016ijuo94cucic92kalc6gvr76266ag

• Like 1

I've missed a fair chunk of the last few RAWs. When did Kallisto start having the Gimp from Pulp Fiction come to the ring with him?

Oh and good job by Jericho with what looked like an on the fly finish to cover Neville's injury.

Can we talk about the breathtaking lack of reaction for Roman Reigns?  

Oh my god, I knew the push was DOA, but god in heaven, this match is going to die 49000 deaths in front of a silent and/or booing stadium.  

The Dolph/HHH match and Roman beatdown would have been a lot better if it had closed the show out.  Putting it in the middle like that made it just seem like unimportant filler.

That closing segment was terrible.  Shane flubbing his line wasn't a huge deal, but his promo didn't make him sound convincing at all, and his attempt at fighting Taker made him look sub-jobber level.  There's no way I can buy that he stands any chance at all at a physical confrontation.

• Like 2

Great job by Jericho to improvise after the injury. Props to Neville for still busting out a couple of moves afterwards although obviously in significant pain.

Best part of show was HHH injuring referee while running from Roman. Three Stooges-esque. Oh, and if the two girls at the end of the ramp were screaming in horror instead of giddyness while Reigns was pounding Hunter in front of them the segment would have been 200% better.

Can we talk about the breathtaking lack of reaction for Roman Reigns?  

Oh my god, I knew the push was DOA, but god in heaven, this match is going to die 49000 deaths in front of a silent and/or booing stadium.  

Lack of a reaction? That was some Eva Marie level heat. There was a considerable lack of cheers though lol.

Best part of the night was Roman nailing HHH with a trash can and all the contents spilling out.  Good throw, and had me laughing for a good two minutes.

I may be off base (wouldn't be the first time), but I think they're starting to lean into anti-hero/borderline heel Reigns.  If they have him throw HHH's corpse at Stephanie's feet at WM, then they're getting rid of the ultra babyface mode.

Undertaker needs to go back to the short mohawk.  He looked like someone's creepy uncle.

I liked Triple H-Dolph a lot, but had to watch it on mute.  Roman's post-match beating was awesome.  Maybe I'm crazy, but this whole Triple Comeback 2016 Tour has been a heckuva lot of fun.  I also liked Triple H breaking that one ref's foot.

New Day-LON was a lot of fun, too.  Had an interesting story with Xavier Woods wrestling to prove he's not a cheerleader, looking like he was going to take the fall, then pulling out the victory through cheating, only for LON to beat them up after using their man-advantage which should either lead to New Day recruiting a new member, or having to outsmart the 4 on 3 advantage.  Really simple, compelling stuff.

I had a hard time getting back into this show after the LON beatdown of New Day. It just dragged on and on and on. 

HHH and Stephanie yammering on doesn't help. Neither did that end segment. 

There was good sprinkled throughout. I liked Mick passing on the barbed wire bat to Ambrose and the build to AJ/Jericho. Sami/Owens would be really good if the Miz and a bunch of others weren't going to be involved.

And thank you for playing, Dolph Ziggler.  Here's the coffin Stephanie chose out for you.  Please bury yourself, I'm too busy with charitable endeavors.

Unless Dolph is getting buried in another country or we're going back to the late 1800's, he's most likely going in a casket. It may seem weird, but the incorrect usage is a pet peeve of mine. What do you expect from an undertaker, I guess?

I may have missed it, but has Undertaker explained just why he's participating in this match? He's not Vince's puppet, but he's taking his side. Why? Money? Vince has pictures on him? Shane egg his house one Halloween?

Tried to do slide under Jericho's legs and his ankles got turned around from the looks of it

Didn't Liger severly injure his ankle years back doing the same spot?

Broke his leg in 3 places, actually.  About 22 years ago actually.

• Like 1

I may have missed it, but has Undertaker explained just why he's participating in this match? He's not Vince's puppet, but he's taking his side. Why? Money? Vince has pictures on him? Shane egg his house one Halloween?

They're dragging it out long enough until they come up with a reason, or just until people forget about it.

I'm sorry. I didn't see the show,just read the results. But did Shane really back THE UNDERTAKER into a corner? And did THE UNDERTAKER need Vince's help to chokeslam Shane?

Someone please call an ambulance. I'm going to have a stroke....

• Like 1